1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Elizabeth Warren doesn't think Boston Bomber should get death penalty

Discussion in 'TrumpFest 2016' started by okie52, Apr 9, 2015.

1. okie52

okie52 SoonerFans.com Elite Member

2. hawaii 5-0

hawaii 5-0 Well-Known Member

Luckily she won't be on the jury that decides.

5-0

3. Turd_Ferguson

Turd_Ferguson SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Meh. Put him in gen pop. He won't last long.

4. olevetonahill

olevetonahill Well-Known Member

I kinda agree with her except Life with out Parole and has to eat Pig meat daily.
    Now If they go ahead and Croak him Make sure theres some Pig blood in that needle

5. RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone! SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Right. She'll be the next POTUS, and everything will be just swell. Just like it is now.

6. rock on sooner

rock on sooner SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Hmmm, welp, I don't think he should get the death penalty...most of
    jihadis want to be martyrs...so imo, let him rot in prison with no chance
    of parole....has nothing to do with fer er agin the death penalty...don't
    give him the satisfaction.....

7. BoulderSooner79

BoulderSooner79 SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Truth. Death row would keep him alive longer and cost a bunch of $$ with all the required court procedures.

8. SicEmBaylor

SicEmBaylor Baylor Ambassador

She's being consistent, at least. I respect that.

9. okie52

Isn't prison's purpose supposedly to rehabilitate the inmate so he can return to society?

10. SicEmBaylor

We need prison reform so incredibly bad in this country. We have a higher prison population than Communist China. The drug war is to blame for much of that. Our entire criminal justice system is rotten right down to the cops on the street.

11. BoulderSooner79

Obviously not, or they wouldn't have a life sentence sans parole or the death penalty. Of course, you're really just making some sort of comment that escapes me.

12. yermom

yermom Stayatworkdad

for profit prisons and their lobby are to blame for a lot of that

13. olevetonahill

You might want to restate that Lil bro. we a Higher % per capita. Not a Higher number in total

As for the DP Im pretty much ambivalent. I dont see the sense in it , Not that I think its necessarily wrong. In certain clear cut cases it should be levied and carried out swiftly Much like McVeigh. On the other hand sentence em to LWOP and quit all the endless Money wasting appeals and last ditch efforts by the Do Gooders to save some maggots life, Just lock em away.

14. okie52

No that was the point. If there's no intent on rehabilitating the inmate to return to society then might as well execute him

15. Serenity Now

Serenity Now Well-Known Member

I wish Mcveigh was still waking up every morning with the slow realization of where he is. Feed him vitamins, put him on a treadmill and make him live to be 120. He got off easy.

16. Eielson

Eielson SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Or to purge an evil from society.

17. BoulderSooner79

I'm not for the DP in general. Mostly because some states I won't name (Texas) use it liberally and have many documented case of getting it wrong. Obviously not the case here, but inmates sit so long on death row and go through so many court procedures it just seems like a huge waste for the small number of cases that come up. I suspect getting life in prison is cheaper. It would rob prosecutors their spot in the limelight though.

18. Serenity Now

Serenity Now Well-Known Member

I've always maintained that, since life is cheaper than death row, that we can assure that we never kill another innocent person by simply not having state sponsored death penalties.

19. olevetonahill

Thats always been my position is its cheaper in the long run to lock em up and throw away the key, Unless they WANT to die then go ahead and snuff em.

As far as getting it wrong? Very seldom is a Truly innocent man condemned to death.

20. SicEmBaylor

That's actually *worse*. You know that, right?