1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DNA from Jameis Winston's accuser is a match

Discussion in 'Sooner Football' started by Salt City Sooner, Nov 20, 2013.

1. Salt City Sooner

Salt City Sooner New Member

2. cleller

cleller SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Still have not heard beans about the specifics of the case. Everyone drunk with some hindsight on one side, or did Winston push too far? Or something completely different?

The fact that the case drug on until Feb initially without Winston being arrested seems to show that it was not a clear-cut deal.

3. Sinyeah12

Sinyeah12 New Member

He probably should have kept quiet about the Manziel disease he was talking about a while back?

4. BoulderSooner79

BoulderSooner79 SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Somehow Saban set this up after losing the recruiting battle for Winston. All part of "the process".

rock on sooner likes this.
  5. BoulderSooner79

Heh. It sets up JFF with an easy comeback one-liner. "If I ever get Winston disease, please throw me in jail."

6. TheHumanAlphabet

TheHumanAlphabet SoonerFans.com Elite Member

So has free shoes u. Suspended the kid. Seems time to do it now...

7. BoulderSooner79

I don't see why the DNA test would change anything. I'm sure this has been a he-said she-said situation from day one. He has not denied that he is the person she is accusing.

8. UteSooner

UteSooner New Member

Why would he be suspended? No arrest. No charges. DNA doesn't prove rape.

Why the year-long lag in the case? Why was it seemingly dropped and brought back? Because of his celebrity?

Not to dismiss a possible assault, but this whole thing seems fishy. Ultimately I doubt anything comes of it.

9. olevetonahill

olevetonahill Well-Known Member

Theres a Joke in there and Im refrainin LOL

rock on sooner likes this.
  10. BoulderSooner79

But not fully refrainin

:cocksure:

11. olevetonahill

Heh.

12. westbrooke

westbrooke New Member

The current state of this story is that the accuser dropped the case when pressured by the police, with the warning that involving the football team would create a backlash. I don't think it's known yet who has shed light on this now, but the accuser claims it isn't her.

13. badger

badger Vacuums eat while yelling

TMZ claims it was them, no joke

14. fadada1

fadada1 SoonerFans.com Elite Member

one's DNA showing up in a co-ed's panties without consent... might not be such a good thing. just sayin'.

15. westbrooke

westbrooke New Member

I hadn't seen that yet, and it may well turn out to be true. Just stating what I knew at the time, and as far as I know still true in that the family is indeed claiming the leak isn't from them. This story is going to change a lot before it's done. We started off hearing that the accused was 5'10", 250lbs or something similar, obviously not a description of Winston; now we've progressed to his attorneys admitting there was an encounter, entirely consensual of course. I'm about at the point where I'm going to tune out. I really don't like following these stories when so much sordid information, and so little of it reliable, flies back and forth. Same with the Sandusky case. I'll tune back in when we actually figure out a reasonably clear picture of what happened. The one exception was the Teo case - that **** was so crazy I couldn't stop reading the weird revelations, sad in its own way but not as disgusting as the sexual assaults.

I don't imagine any of this will unravel fast enough to keep Winston from playing out the season. Could be wrong though.

16. EatLeadCommie

EatLeadCommie New Member

Unless she went to the hospital and a doc found injuries consistent with rape, this isn't going anywhere. It does, however, mean that this year's heisman winner (manziel or Winston) will be tainted

17. olevetonahill

Tainted? Ya mean Like FISH?

18. BoulderSooner79

Bless your heart, I know yer trying to refrain.

8timechamps likes this.
  19. 8timechamps

8timechamps Administrator

The public knows so little about the specifics in this case, but all of the major media outlets are trying to paint a picture with that limited knowledge.

I'll wait until the actual facts come out before taking a side.

BoulderSooner79 likes this.
  20. rock on sooner

rock on sooner SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Well, let's see...a year's lag time..she said the police intimidated her into
    not pursuing, DNA confirms sexual contact between the accuser and the
    future pro football quarterback (even without a Heisman), evidence held
    onto for a year (maybe to see if this kid is going to be a star?). Now, with
    all the Heisman talk, let's go ahead and pursue it...now, it's probably just my
    cynical side...hmmmmm.....