1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Disagree again but the play on the feild has been proving my pont all season

Discussion in 'Sooner Football' started by 85Sooner, Oct 12, 2013.

1. 85Sooner

85Sooner SoonerFans.com Elite Member

IF one thinks 90 minutes worth of gametime......after being out of games for two years.....was appropriate evaluation time for OU to give T Knight? If I were him I would Transfer tomorrow.

That is the same thing they did to Paul Thompson AND for the same stupid reason.
    Same explanations, same BS justification by fans...... etc.........
    The simple fact is that IF you are going to recruit and plan to use a 50/50 QB that can scat....... #1 YOUR COACHES have to be more comfortable calling plays for an offense like that. You MUST give it MUCH MORE THAN 60-90 minutes before you GIVE UP on it and GIVE UP ON IT is what the OU coaching staff has done in both instances.

The OU coaching staff only knows ONE offense philosophy and it has used that philosophy ever since White was QB..... the plays are the same, the look is the same and it is unimaginitive, and boring. Even if it has put up huge numbers against lesser opponants...it has been SMACKED DOWN against anyone with decent talent.

Bell has been just as inaccurate as Knight was in his first two games and supposedly BELL was the EXPERIENCED JUNIOR. Well, that spin has lost its luster.

Thompson? We don't and won't know but IF I were him, I would consider transfer as well...... It is clear that the OU staff wants pocket passers and UNTIL an O coordinator comes into OU with a background designing offenses for that type of play....It will always remain as such.

2. BoulderSooner79

BoulderSooner79 SoonerFans.com Elite Member

We would have lost with TK too.

3. NorthernIowaSooner

NorthernIowaSooner New Member

If he was truly hurt then he shouldn't be upset. Bell gave them another aspect in the Tulsa game. He threw it well. He won at ND. There was no reason to take it from Bell at that point.

We haven't seen all TK is capable of doing. We also haven't seen him on the field for the last time.

4. BoulderSooner79

BoulderSooner79 SoonerFans.com Elite Member

^This.

5. Curly Bill

Curly Bill I'm a shootist

Bell was HORRIBLE today, but I haven't seen anything that makes me think TK is the answer, and yeah I know he hasn't played a lot, but what I did see was not encouraging.

6. bluedogok

bluedogok SoonerFans.com Elite Member

I do think scheme wise that Knight might have been a better option based off what the Texas defense had struggled with in prior games. His mobility could have possibly created a mismatch like it did against BYU. Bell just doesn't have that ability, the only run he seems to be able to do well is a draw because of the momentum he carries going forward. Going from side to side is not his strength because he doesn't seem to have the acceleration needed for that type play.

7. SOONER44EVER

SOONER44EVER SoonerFans.com Elite Member

It wouldn't matter which running QB was in if no QB running plays were called.

8. bluedogok

They did seem to call them with Knight in there.

9. SOONER44EVER

SOONER44EVER SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Kinda seemed like they did that to keep him from having to pass.

sooneron likes this.
  10. Curly Bill

This^^^^.

11. bluedogok

I agree, but what I have seen from Bell isn't exactly confidence inspiring. Right now there isn't an established No. 1 QB on the team.

12. 85Sooner

Comparing play caling in the first two games compared to the sixth cannot be equitible.

If TK would have had 5 games to prepare and become more comfortable , I do not think that he could have perfored any worse than Bell did today. I know this is all mute....... but OU looks like the same team that was in front of LJ and that , I think, most were sick of.

To many 3 and outs..................poor 3rd down conversion against any decent team. OU has relied on the big play. I remember for years we could not score in the red zone....... well it appears we are in that same position, and having to settle for field goals.

I just don't see any real change in what we are doing and if 10-2 and losing bowl games is ok with everyone....fine.

13. dennis580

dennis580 New Member

Thats total garbage. Bell has outplayed Knight by a MILE.

14. Rogue

Rogue Answers - 25 Cents

I don't think I'd transfer if I were TK. I think I'd work on accuracy and feel confident that my next chance is coming soon. I'd only recommend transferring if there were 2 kids in front of him that were so good it is obvious he isn't going to get to play.

I have honestly not seen anything of Bell to lead me to believe he can lead this offense. I don't think you can gameplan anything imaginative for a big physical QB who isn't very speedy and can only throw short dumps and quick timing plays, unless you want to be a 100% zone read offense.'

It seemed obvious, to me, that TK was a better match for this game and that switch could have been made in the 2nd qtr.

I wish our QB controversy was because they are both just so good. TK might become great, he has a spark.

Last edited: Oct 12, 2013
  15. 85Sooner

You missed the whole point!

16. 85Sooner

Thet "SPARK" is what this O needs and IF..and I say IF....he would have been given more PT I think his accuracy would have improved significantly and certainly would be better than what we saw today. I really wondered about his injury and what would have been his playing status had Bell not been in the wings.

Oh well, we have what we have. and I mean no disrespect to Blake. It just makes me crazy seeing him throw those 6 yards outs and swings over and over and over and over and over when we need to be throwing it downfield

Have a good week and get back on track next week!

Rogue likes this.
  17. Curly Bill

He does?

18. jkjsooner

jkjsooner New Member

1. Knight is a freshman and it was clear he was not ready to play. The coaches realized once the lights were on that they put him in too early.

2. As a freshman Knight will have plenty of opportunities to lead this team.

3. Most guys don't get more than a couple of games to prove themselves. The history of college football is littered with guys who got a couple of starts only to be relegated to the bench. You have to be ready when your name is called. Luckily for Knight he will get another chance sooner or later.

4. Paul Thompson was replaced because he was at best a below average QB. Even when we won the Big 12 he was a below average QB. Had he been an average QB we would have easily beaten Boise State. I can't remember one time where Thompson hit a guy on a 30+ yard pass. In both the TCU and BSU game an unpressured Thompson missed wide open guys (multiple occasions in both games) which caused cost us a couple of TD's.

19. olevetonahill

olevetonahill Well-Known Member

Is this NOT what I said a few weeks ago?

20. WA. Sooner

WA. Sooner Well-Known Member

For a big guy, Bell gets happy feet in the pocket to easy. Also by waiting so long to name a starter, they take the reps needed away in practice as they try to figure out the starter.