1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

departure rumors

Discussion in 'Sooner Basketball' started by jk the sooner fan, Apr 13, 2006.

1. TopDawg

TopDawg SoonerFans.com Elite Member

So back to the subject at hand...how many of our guys are considering transferring? Do we have any idea how much they're wavering?

2. stoopified

stoopified SoonerFans.com Elite Member

John Ontjes,Hootie Wiley,Ernie Abbercrombie(wasthe only Kelvin recruit that year).

3. Scott D

Scott D SoonerFans.com Elite Member

yeah but from what I saw in the Huff, losing Fowler really wasn't all that major.

4. NickZeppelin

NickZeppelin New Member

Hootie Wiley first played in 96. Wasn't on the 95 roster.

GDC likes this.
  5. skycat

skycat New Member

Rivals quoting Reynolds as saying something like "Have UW call me."

KC//CRIMSON likes this.
  6. suncoastsooner7

suncoastsooner7 New Member

John Ontjes doesn't have more upside that AJ and AJ is also younger than Ontjes was. Ernie Abercrombie, as you pointed out wasn't Billy's doing. Kelvin brought him in with him. Hootie wasn't on the '95 team. Billy also left behind a cancer in Prince Fowler. Ontjeswas a Senior as well. Not much to build on other than Ryan guys.

7. OUmillenium

OUmillenium New Member

What do you mean by cancer? Just curious, I love insided info...

Thanks

8. Led Nicholas

Led Nicholas New Member

Wow, you are SMART!!!

9. suncoastsooner7

suncoastsooner7 New Member

Inside info, not hardly. Rather common knowledge that Prince didn't want to be here OU after BT left. The AD (believe it was still Donnie Duncan) wouldn't release him to follow Tubbs. Caused a bunch of small trouble that year and w let him go the following offseason to follow Billy.

10. GDC

GDC New Member

11. OUGreg723

OUGreg723 New Member

SCOTTIE UPDATE

Michigan's coaching staff was in Coach Hall's office talking to Scottie and Coach Hall for several hours today.....More info on this to come....

12. stoopified

stoopified SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Correction check your source,Hootie was a Tubbs recruit (prop 48)

Last edited: Apr 28, 2006
    KC//CRIMSON likes this.
  13. NickZeppelin

NickZeppelin New Member

14. Gandalf_The_Grey

Gandalf_The_Grey SoonerFans.com Elite Member

I believe he covered that ;)

15. NickZeppelin

NickZeppelin New Member

I was still only covering that 95 roster even if he was a Tubbs recruit he didn't play in 95.

16. NickZeppelin

NickZeppelin New Member

There was nothing about Hootie being a Tubbs/Sampson guy. Someone said that Hootie was on the 95 roster. Well he wasn't. He didn't play at all that year and isn't listed on any roster I can find. I have a 95 program and then on SoonerStats.com neither lists Evan Wiley. He may very well been a Tubbs guy. I never said he wasn't. But he definatly didn't play in 1995.

17. Gandalf_The_Grey

Gandalf_The_Grey SoonerFans.com Elite Member

By replying to the first post with the second post...it would imply you are saying he wasn't a Tubbs recruit

KC//CRIMSON likes this.
  18. NickZeppelin

NickZeppelin New Member

I didn't follow recruiting closely 11 years ago so I don't remember Hootie being recruited. At that time I really didn't care about players unless they came to OU. I remember him playing first in Kelvin's 2nd year so I always assumed he was a Kelvin recruit. But I never really said that in this thread.