1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

congrats sooners

Discussion in 'Sooner Football' started by Osce0la, Sep 17, 2011.

1. instigator

instigator SoonerFans.com Elite Member

That kid looked good. I'd be scared if he ever got hit, but he never looked nervous and made good throws. I'd be excited about his future even if it is 2 years away.

2. sperry

sperry New Member

He definitely did well with the situation he was thrown into. That being said, he isn't ready for prime time yet, though. A lot of his passes seemed to be of the "toss it up and pray" variety. Manuel is definitely the guy going forward, although Trickett could be good down the line.

3. Widescreen

Widescreen SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Trickett's immediate task should be getting bigger. That dude is tiny!

4. thatmediadude

thatmediadude New Member

Trickett reminds me of Ken Dorsey by the way he looks.. Might be some competition, but I think EJ gives the Noles the best chance to win...even though he's a ways away from being a great passer. Noles should win ACC easy.

5. EatLeadCommie

EatLeadCommie New Member

Good luck against Clempsun next week. I hate those a-holes (I went to Wake).

6. SoonerOX

SoonerOX New Member

He looked good given the situation. He'll be a quarterback of the future for sure me thinks.

7. EatLeadCommie

EatLeadCommie New Member

I thought Trickett was very stout. He clearly didn't have the mobility of Manuel to extend plays, but he has a helluva gun and seemed to have a lot of poise. Manuel made plays with his feet, but he has a problem with decisions, as evidenced by him having more INTs than TDs in his career. Lots of potential, but not a lot of brains. Same could be said for Landry Jones, however.

8. Aries

Aries Active Member

Very nice, Osce0la... glad the injuries do not appear to be too serious, Trickett did great in a backup role bringing FSU back.

9. boomersooner28

boomersooner28 SoonerFans.com Elite Member

When that kid came in, I was actually scared for his life. The way people were hitting last night I thought he may die.

10. meoveryouxinfinity

meoveryouxinfinity New Member

Trickett played well during the game. I thought for sure EJ had separated his shoulder on that hit to the ground (very similar to the Bradford hit). FSU with no run game has no chance with Trickett. It's pretty obvious that EJ is your entire running game. Trickett + 20-50 lbs + a RB > EJ.
    Hope EJ is able to play because Trickett does not have the size to play the entire season healthy.

11. budbarrybob

budbarrybob New Member

GG to FSU. Thanks for being a visitor, you're welcome back anytime Osceola.

12. marfacowboy

marfacowboy New Member

That game was a war. A great football game....FSU has a bevy of incredible athletes. It's all coming together for them. Glad that WR is ok, too.

13. Soonerjeepman

Soonerjeepman SoonerFans.com Elite Member

thought he played well...needs to lift weights! LOL...guy looked about 125...but yeah very cool demeanor. 1 disagreement...we had more penalties..but yours seem more untimely...I don't think the hit on the receiver was a penalty..official didn't call it til the kid was out...VERY GLAD he as ok...

great game....put our D and O to the test..we need that. I honestly doubt you lose the rest of the yr.

I LOVE (ugh) how some of the national media CBS, NY...have articles stating the ACC is overrated, OU should have won by more...etc...basically downplaying OU's BIG win....dissing you guys....ah well..just win baby, just win.

Good luck the rest of the year.

14. meoveryouxinfinity

meoveryouxinfinity New Member

Some of my FSU friends have been echoing this sentiment. Basically saying that they aren't that good (even without the injuries) and OU isn't deserving of their ranking.

15. marfacowboy

marfacowboy New Member

The New York Times article was fair:
    "These clearly were not the same Seminoles who were blown out 47-17 last season in Norman, Okla. Florida State recovered from that loss and finished 10-4, and now appear on the cusp of reestablishing its prominence of its glory days under Bobby Bowden."

"To say they escaped an upset does not accurately reflect how they recomposed themselves in the final nine and a half minutes and proved that they can win without star quarterback Landry Jones putting up gaudy numbers"

This is Florida State. A program that's won national titles, played for others and has always had talent. They finished in the top five of the AP Poll for 14 straight years from 1987 through 2000. And now they're back on the rise. How anyone could possibly say either of these teams is undeserving is beyond me. They must be totally ignoring the facts.

16. Soonerjeepman

17. Soonerjeepman

It was the league’s chance to make a lasting impression nationally with several marquee non-conference games being played in ACC stadiums. None, of course, were bigger than No. 1-ranked Oklahoma visiting Florida State.

While the ACC made some major news off the field Saturday, the song remained the same for the ACC on the field.

With a 1-5 record in BCS bowl games since the league grew to 12 schools in 2005, a 2-11 record in its last 13 BCS bowl games and a 1-32 record vs. top five ranked non-conference teams since 2000, the ACC wanted -- no, make that desperately needed -- to make a statement nationally Saturday. It did: it’s simply still not as good as the elite automatic qualifying BCS leagues.

Maybe it’s not fair to judge an entire league on one game, but Florida State’s 23-13 loss to Oklahoma was the latest evidence that indicated the ACC still is a notch below the big boys.

18. delhalew

delhalew SoonerFans.com Elite Member

I was amazed that kid came in, and stayed cold as ice against a brutal defense. Little twig of a young man took some hard hits, and kept on trucking. If he eats his wheaties, he could be something great for you guys.

It's good of to visit post game, and be so gracious.

Regarding penalties, your guys better stop jumping offsides all the time. Sooner or later you will get a crew that won't ignore it.

19. gernblansten

gernblansten New Member

OU should have won by more. Settling for FGs twice on 1st and goal did keep the game closer than it should have been. I'd be surprised if a Sooner fan wasn't thinking at halftime, "it should be 21-3."

20. marfacowboy

marfacowboy New Member

I've seen LSU, Alabama and OU all play twice this season. OU's offense is better than LSU's. The defense....LSU is really, really good, but in my opinion, not as good as Bama on defense. I think both of those teams are more athletic than OU on defense, but neither is as good offensively. And OU's defense isn't that far behind. I think we'd beat LSU and be in for a nail biter with Bama. Hard to beat against Saban with the talent he's amassed. OU deserves to be #1, and I'd rank Alabama 2.