1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

CBO Score for what the Senate passed

Discussion in 'TrumpFest 2016' started by Sooner5030, Jan 1, 2013.

1. Sooner5030

Sooner5030 Well-Known Member

2. LiveLaughLove

LiveLaughLove New Member

Looked at it, eyes glazed over. I'm going to guess that it does absolutely nothing to curb spending, and perhaps even increases it.

Whaddo I win?

3. cleller

cleller SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Lots of minus signs in that thing. It must all be theoretical. Play money or something.

4. Sooner5030

Basically the bill will add almost $4 trillion to the annual deficits over the next ten years.

5. sappstuf

sappstuf New Member

Yep. The Dems fight tooth and nail against spending cuts that are pretty much a rounding error in the annual budget...

6. Petro-Sooner

Petro-Sooner SoonerFans.com Elite Member

We should pay more in taxes. That will fix everything.

7. FaninAma

FaninAma SoonerFans.com Elite Member

The economy will not survive for 10 years. As soon as interest rates spike up on short term bonds we are toast.

You progressives should be trembling in anticipation of that day when we all be equal......equally broke.

Last edited: Jan 1, 2013
  8. LiveLaughLove

LiveLaughLove New Member

That's the liberalism we all know and love. Way to go Republicans, all but 5 of you voted for this, and thereby just gave Obama cover to blame you yet again when it all goes snafu.

You guys are brilliant. Truly dazzling intellects.

9. cleller

cleller SoonerFans.com Elite Member

You don't believe we will grow our way out of trouble? Don't believe INCREASING debt and spending is what's best for the economy? You must have missed some basic econ theory along the way.

Lots and lots of bonds out there waiting for rates to start up and reveal their riskier side.

10. LiveLaughLove

LiveLaughLove New Member

They must be listening to my wife. She believes spending is ALWAYS the way to go in all situations.

She is the Chesty Puller of shopping wives. :)

11. Sooner5030

I didn't here any mention of the CBO score during the CNN and FNC evening news. Kinda sad that no major media outlet is bringing up the fact that this bill adds to the deficit.

We're done.

12. Sooner5030

Update.......the CBO actually increased the amount to 4.6 trillion......they forgot to add the increase in debt interest.

http://www.cbo.gov/publication/43835

13. Soonerjeepman

Soonerjeepman SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Where's all the libs to defend this?

14. diverdog

diverdog New Member

We are sitting back and laughing our asses off because you guys can't read for ****.

15. Midtowner

Midtowner New Member

Pretty much.

Didn't want to interrupt the circle jerk.

16. soonercruiser

soonercruiser New Member

And the evil, lying SOB of a President has the gall to hold a news conference/photo op bragging about the reduction in the deficit as a result!
    What a ***&%9494n!!!
    :devilish:

17. LakeRat

LakeRat New Member

Let me show you my shocked face!! :eek:bama icon:

18. Midtowner

Midtowner New Member

It is a reduction in the deficit.

19. Bourbon St Sooner

Bourbon St Sooner SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Adding $4 trillion in debt through a reduction in the deficit? You must have taken different accounting classes than I did.

20. diverdog

diverdog New Member

The way I read the article is that keeping the Bush era tax cuts will cost an extra $4 trillion. So the CBO is arguing for higher taxes.