1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Call me what you want but prove me wrong............

Discussion in 'Sooner Football' started by 85Sooner, Dec 3, 2011.

1. 85Sooner

85Sooner SoonerFans.com Elite Member

I am ready for an entire coaching change. I am not a homer........... Our teams are NOT coached well.............only starters are given playing time and reserves are under prepared............the 2000 NC was the TEAMS ATTITUDE not the coaches.........OU's play is NOT exciting.... players look soft and weak and they can only win after they are up by 50 points. Sorry but as a sooner fan for over 40 years... I am no more enthusiastic about the program today that I was during the Blake years. YES , the Blake years. same ol Same ol.....Boring, Unimaginative and Arrogant.............OSU is 100% has been working hard the past 3 years and is 100% the opposite.....................and they damn well deserve our respect. BTW 24-0 against Stoops and Co. Maybe BOB should learn that you just don't win BECAUSE you are OU.........

2. lasooner123

lasooner123 New Member

a freaking men.....ive been saying this for years in my family. bob has lost his drive. we dont have the swag. I feel we are outcoached 3-4 times a year. every other team loks like they want it more than us. i think bob wants us to be more businesslike than kid-like

3. agoo758

agoo758 New Member

As much as I hate to say it. I have lost all confidence in this team and coaching staff in big games. Stoops looks scared on the sidelines in close games, and our teams play like it. Someone mentioned that the Stoops staff was once "Switzer-esque" and now is "Schembechler-esque". Unfortunately, I have to agree.

4. EatLeadCommie

EatLeadCommie New Member

I disagree. It is important to have some stability and a figurehead. Bob has not lost his swag, but he is in complete denial. Venables is a joke. Also, the degree to which our players are always getting hurt makes me think it is time for something new on the S&C side too. I'm sure we can get somebody who makes players as big as Schmidtty without making them break a leg every time they are touched.

Bob just needs to be read the riot act. Either find somebody who can do the job or Joe C. should fire them. If Joe C. won't, Boren should.

Even the King had the sense to tell his coaches that if something didn't change, change would be forced upon them.

5. Soonrs

Soonrs New Member

I would not be sad if Bob moved on tomorrow but he is ensconced. He can loose 4-5 games a year, under-achieve, and lose mediocre teams and he will still have a $4 million dollar job. We are a long way from the 2000 season.

6. Ton Loc

Ton Loc Well-Known Member

Complaining little girls with a complete loss of perspective.

That's what I would call you. Actually, I would call you worse but it would just get edited.

7. winout

winout New Member

Ou's version of Lloyd Carr. Good man nonetheless.

8. Therealsouthsider

Therealsouthsider New Member

....throw in Landry moving on and I'm in agreement....every one of his school records should have an asterisk that says 'see Ryan Broyles'

ss

9. AlboSooner

AlboSooner New Member

I remember Texas Tech used to break all kinds of offensive records under Leach, yet never win anything meaningful. We are that.

10. soonercastor

soonercastor New Member

What do you consider a "big game" and when is the last time we lost one.

11. The Preach Man

The Preach Man New Member

You guys are pathetic. We are one of the best programs in the country 11 years running.

Answer this. How many DI schools have more victories than OU in the last decade?

12. Sooner5030

Sooner5030 Well-Known Member

agree

but at the time I remember being upset with gibbs

then came schelley and blake

F that

I'll stick with winning more games than not and going to the BCS 75% of the time

but you are right....folks should be upset with the $5 million coaching staff production

13. Tear Down This Wall

Tear Down This Wall Well-Known Member

There's really no excuse for tonight's game plan. Ryan Broyles out and of the first 40 plays, 31 are passes.

We force the pass way too much. And, we really have no excuse not to be able to run with as many blue chip tailbacks as we recruit. We've got blue chip fullbacks as well.

I really expected us to come out more balanced with Broyles out and playing on the road in a hostile environment. And, yes, I realize Whaley is out. But, give me a break. He was a walk-on. We have no excuse to not have a scholarship player than could step in. We don't recruit 2-star and 1-star players.

This was a bad game plan by Heupel and Norvell. I personally think having Ronnell out is more of a detriment than having Whaley out. Either way, not a realistic plan for the circumstances.

14. landrun

landrun Well-Known Member

You said it so well.

This is about as good a coaching job as we had with Blake. The only difference is we have a TON.. TON... more talent.

... that, and we're missing the twister mat on the side lines.

In reality, Blake's defenses were better than Stoops'. That is statistically factual. And again, Blake had only a fraction of the talent.

If you think our D has been good, you're in denial.

15. Always_Sooner

Always_Sooner New Member

Ou looks like a bunch of spoiled brats tonight. They think just because the have the decal on their helmet they will line up and win.

16. OU_Sooners75

OU_Sooners75 SoonerFans.com Elite Member

If OU loses this game...still some hope left...not much...but some...Bob Stoops will say the same ole **** and will not say what needs to be said...

That the coaches have failed the players...That injuries have hurt out team....or even....we were not the better team....

Instead will get the Same ole **** about how we got out played, out coached, and we had the chance to win the Big 12.

Where is the old Bob Stoops that seemed to have real answers?

17. AlboSooner

AlboSooner New Member

I don't get that from this team. They are limited. Okie St is just better. We barely beat them when we are better, let alone when they are better.

18. Soonerus

Soonerus SoonerFans.com Elite Member

This is just unfortunately a lost year...

19. lasooner123

lasooner123 New Member

look at our bcs bowl record....yes we did beat uconn i forgot about that
    we have beaten a crappy texas team the last 2 years
    yes we have a great win percentage in national championships...oh wait nvmd

20. JLMSOONER

JLMSOONER New Member

I agree with commie. Vennie needs to move on. D is too inconsistent. We need something different but not a wholesale change.