1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

broyles and the biletnikoff

Discussion in 'Sooner Football' started by 5noubus, Dec 8, 2011.

1. 5noubus

5noubus New Member

He should have won!!! I'm so sad , I really thought he was going to get it. Glad they interviewed him at least.
    I think he did more in the 9 games he played than blackman did all year

2. LVSOONER15

LVSOONER15 Getting it done

That injury really hurt him. He would of won if he played out the rest of the season.

3. allanace16

allanace16 New Member

Yeah, I knew as soon as he got hurt that Blackmon was going to win it again. Though honestly, I feel like statistically the person that should have gotten the award was Kendall Wright from Baylor. Guy had an absolute monster of a year and no one's really talking about him.

(Broyles has a similar year if he doesn't get hurt though.)

4. SicEmBaylor

SicEmBaylor Baylor Ambassador

A healthy Broyles would have won. Wright should have at least been nominated and deserved to win.

5. BoulderSooner79

BoulderSooner79 SoonerFans.com Elite Member

I agree a healthy Broyles probably wins given the monster year AND all the career records. Blackmon is a great player too.

6. NormanPride

NormanPride SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Blackmon won it off name and seniority. Woods and Wright had better years.

7. 85sooners

85sooners New Member

F blackmon

8. sussudio

sussudio New Member

Agreed

9. SoonerStormchaser

SoonerStormchaser Emma's Daddy!

Just a friendly reminder...the last OSU receiver who won that award: Rashaun Woods. How'd he end up doing in the NFL? Blackmon is more of the same.

I'd bet an entire flock of sheep with a Poke that Broyles will have a more productive NFL career than Blackmon.

10. SicEmBaylor

SicEmBaylor Baylor Ambassador

What does that really matter? Is this an NFL award? Is it supposed to go to the college player with the best NFL prospects? Lots of great college players don't do well in the NFL; conversely, there have been a lot of great NFL players who weren't really outstanding college players.

11. CowboyMRW

CowboyMRW Wrestling is OSU

First of all in your argument, Rashaun never won the Biletnikoff. So there's that. Secondly Rashaun didn't put in the work after his injuries to really flourish on the field. Thirdly what does Rashaun have to do with Justin?

12. Sooner_Tuf

Sooner_Tuf New Member

Isn't he the one responsible for the white stuff? Anyways that's what I heard last time I was in Stillwater.

13. Mad Dog Madsen

Mad Dog Madsen New Member

The furthest Rashaun Woods got to the Biletnikoff was being named a semi-finalist. And Broyles blew his knee out so only time will tell but Blackmon definitely has the better chance. Sad but true.

14. Mad Dog Madsen

Mad Dog Madsen New Member

There were lots of players last night who deserved to win an award but didn't. It was basically a shoo-in for the SEC players.

Last edited: Dec 9, 2011
  15. colleyvillesooner

colleyvillesooner SoonerFans.com Elite Member

FIFY :D

16. NormanPride

NormanPride SoonerFans.com Elite Member

No doubt.

17. CowboyMRW

CowboyMRW Wrestling is OSU

haha, true true. However a lot of pushups are not getting called in today's game for whatever reason. It's ridiculous how much the defense is getting screwed compared to the offense