1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bob Stoops Demeanor?

Discussion in 'Sooner Football' started by SouthFortySooner, Jan 10, 2006.

1. SouthFortySooner

SouthFortySooner Well-Known Member

I have often wondered if the majority of this group agrees with him? A slight example in question would be his treatment of Rhett on the sideline after the celebritory spike. Would he have not been as set had he just laughed and told him to go back in and spike it again?

I know its hard to argue with his results.

2. Taxman71

Taxman71 New Member

Considering that was the single dumbest play of the year by a frosh QB, I was glad to see Stoops as ****ed as I was watching it. He coaching until the final second and teaching RB a lesson for the rest of his career.

We tried hiring a "love and hugs" head coach in the late 90's, it didn't take.

3. Bob is a businessman. He does NOT fool around. Not that it matters at all, but Bob is also very arrogant and at times can seem pretty full of himself....

4. Herr Scholz

Herr Scholz SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Duck.

MiccoMacey likes this.
  5. Rhett needed every bit of the arse chewing he got on the sidelines....I thought PT was actually going to get to snap the last snap Bob was so pist off..

6. Duck...

7. critical_phil

critical_phil SoonerFans.com Elite Member

there's no reason to post things like this.

i'm pretty sure you can just PM the mods if you'd rather be known as The Consumate Jackass............

Tailwind likes this.
  8. RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone! SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Not so sure about your last point. I think that because he is pretty serious, he might appear as arrogant to some.

9. Rhino

Rhino Awesoministrator

Rhett deserved a bit more than what he got for that.

If I were coach he'd be running stairs until spring ball.

instigator likes this.
  10. C&CDean

C&CDean Administrator

Wurd.

11. OUDoc

OUDoc ..............

Goose?

Howzit likes this.
  12. oumartin

oumartin New Member

I love Bob Stoops!

Big Red Ron likes this.
  13. RooseveltRoughRider

RooseveltRoughRider New Member

I think a skulldragging was in order. Discipline is a must on good football teams. It keeps people's ego's in check and forces them to focus on their priorities. Bob will never let Norman turn into a Talahassee or Coral Gables. OR Blacksburg now..lol

14. SoonerObsession

SoonerObsession New Member

That was so cool to see fire shoot out Bob's eyes like that. I've only seen that one time before, when I told my dad I spilled paint on our pool table. :0

15. Did I strike a chord? I am just going off of several of my close friends and my own accounts of meetings with Bob away from the media and "important" people...maybe he isn't so much arrogant as he is more of a family man or something, i don't know the word i'm looking for here....jeez, take a pill man

16. Up :)

17. picasso

picasso SoonerFans.com Elite Member

coaches that chew *** are the best. I never had any repsect for the ones who said nothing in my younger days.
    along with the arse chewing there was always the coach who came by afterwards to build you back up.

it's called life eh.

18. Mjcpr

Mjcpr SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Personally, I don't care for the way he irons his pants. Those pleats on the front just scream "I'm better than you!!".

TUSooner and picasso like this.
  19. OUDoc

OUDoc ..............

He is. And not just because of the pleats.

20. westcoast_sooner

westcoast_sooner Well-Known Member

He should chew his QB's a** or anyone else's when they make boneheaded plays like that. We had the game won, but kept making stupid mistakes there at the end of the game. All our kids have to do is stay focused for a few more seconds, and then they can celebrate all they want.

I think Bomar thought that the kneel down was going to be the last play, and he could spike the ball. He should have been paying closer attention to the clock. Probably chalk that up to youthful exuberance, but I'll bet he doesn't make those kinds of mistakes ever again.