1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Blue Angels

Discussion in 'South Oval' started by jccouger, Jun 7, 2007.

1. jccouger

jccouger Member

Anybody else on the lower part of OKC near tinker see what looked to be the blue angels flying around? They were fying VERY low and doing a couple airiel manuevers and the sonic booms coming from them were so loud. Anybody know why they were flying around?

2. Petro-Sooner

Petro-Sooner SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Air show at Tinker this weekend.

3. Mjcpr

Mjcpr SoonerFans.com Elite Member

They were hauling Gundy and his hair around.

4. Petro-Sooner

Petro-Sooner SoonerFans.com Elite Member

He said it took him 3 or 4 mintues to fly from stillwater to OKC. That just blows me away.

5. Mjcpr

Mjcpr SoonerFans.com Elite Member

When I went to the OU game there last year, I couldn't get away from it fast enough either

BajaOklahoma likes this.
  6. Okieflyer

Okieflyer Well-Known Member

7. Okla-homey

Okla-homey SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Pretty typical. Coach Stoops got to fly (in a great way) with The USAF Aerial Demonstration Team (a/ka The Thunderbirds) and Gumby hitches a ride with the little sister Blue Angels.:D

8. TopDaugIn2000

TopDaugIn2000 SoonerFans.com Elite Member

yup, I've heard it nearly all damn day here on base. lol

9. BlondeSoonerGirl

BlondeSoonerGirl Hillbilly Queen

They've been flying all over MWC...right over my house. It's like they're playing or something - doing all kinds of tricks and loop-de-loops and stuff. And they're LOW...you can read the writing on their undersides.

It's neato.

10. TopDaugIn2000

probably a good thing I don't have windows in my office......

11. TopDaugIn2000

just looked out the fire escape, saw 2 zooming around. man they move

12. Boomer_Sooner_sax

Boomer_Sooner_sax New Member

Didn't Stoops fly with the Blue Angels last year in Ft. Worth? Sadly, I think his pilot was the aviator that perished earlier this year too.

13. mxATVracer10

mxATVracer10 New Member

Yep:(

14. reevie

reevie New Member

I noticed during the noon hour when they were flying lines around the area that jets 1,2,3 and 7 were up.

Was the 6 jet the one that crashed 2 months ago?

15. OUWxGuesser

OUWxGuesser Member

6 is flying with a new pilot... just saw them perform in IL last weekend. [​IMG]

16. goingoneight

goingoneight I said Biiiiiiiitch--

Question: What does Gumby's hair look like after those G's? Does he have enough gel to hold it in place?

17. HoserSooner

HoserSooner New Member

Am I the only one that thought this thread was going to be about setting your farts on fire?

:O

18. soonerboomer93

soonerboomer93 Dirty bastard

yes, i think you were...

19. blueyedsooner

blueyedsooner New Member

Directly over our house. My 7 year old loves it, but won't go outside alone. My 4 year is ****ed. He is scared to death...it seriously sounds like they are going to rip our roof off as they fly by. It didn't help when I first heard them today I screamed.....I had no idea what was happening. Then we go outside to watch for awhile and see 4 in formation off to the east of us. Little did we know there were two directly on top of us....scared the bejeebies out of all of us!!! They sure were low today!!!!

20. sitzpinkler

sitzpinkler Active Member

what building are you in?

I'm with DISA