1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

BCS rankings

Discussion in 'Sooner Football' started by kevpks, Nov 17, 2012.

1. kevpks

kevpks New Member

Do do we drop a spot? I'm sure Stanford will be ahead of us. I'm not saying they're wrong and obviously we have our work cut out for us over the next two games, but I'm starting to feel like a Big East champion BCS team.

2. 8timechamps

8timechamps Administrator

Yep. We will. Stanford will jump us. Which wouldn't upset me if there weren't half of the SEC ahead of us.

3. kevpks

kevpks New Member

At least we're ahead of Mizzou.

4. Eielson

Eielson SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Maybe they can put the SEC teams at 2-7 instead of 4-9 now that there is only one undefeated team.

5. Sabanball

Sabanball Well-Known Member

Very good chance that 6 of the top 7 teams in the new BCS poll tomorrow night will be from the SEC.

6. Judge Smails

Judge Smails Well-Known Member

Who?

7. Sabanball

Sabanball Well-Known Member

Tonight is the reason that I love college football. EVERY game matters.

8. arcman46

arcman46 New Member

Except for last year.

8timechamps likes this.
  9. Ton Loc

Ton Loc Well-Known Member

Except the A&M game? That crap *** BIG 12 team that never accomplished anything. Well, except this year when they've shown that the SEC isn't that great at defense.

10. FaninAma

FaninAma SoonerFans.com Elite Member

There is little chance that happens(KState will not drop to 8th) and if it does it will take care of itself over the next couple of weeks.

11. FaninAma

FaninAma SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Its just that if you are in the SEC they matter a little more including your losses. It will be fun to watch FSU destroy Florida.

8timechamps likes this.
  12. MichiganSooner

MichiganSooner Well-Known Member

Looks impressive for the SEC. By the way, where do the other 8 SEC teams fall in the rankings?

13. Eielson

Eielson SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Thankfully this didn't happen. The polls are still ridiculously lopsided. They're rated high off what? Beating each other? A&M got knocked around year in and year out in the Big XII South (3 winning seasons out of the last 10 in the Big XII, only three winning), yet they're one of the best in the SEC. SEC gap ain't what it's cracked up to be.

14. tulsaoilerfan

tulsaoilerfan Ready for Baseball Season

Dont let facts get in the way of the chance to slobber all over the SEC's nuts

15. Soonerjeepman

Soonerjeepman SoonerFans.com Elite Member

sec, 4 of 7, 5 of 10...so much for 6 of 7...might help to be just a little more objective..

16. jkjsooner

jkjsooner New Member

The only way this can happen is if those teams haven't played many games between themselves. Now with 14 team conferences you'll start having teams missing out on playing several of the other top teams in the conference.

Teams playing each other in conference really tells us nothing about how they stack up nationally. The only way to gauge a conference's strength is by looking at OOC games but with only three of these and with many teams playing such weak OOC schedules you can't really tell much from that.

If the SEC has 6 of the top 7 teams all that can possibly say is that the conference schedules aligned in such a way that allowed these 6 teams to not beat up on each other. Or it says that the bottom tier of the conference is simply horrible which is true for this year's SEC.