1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Austin Box prayers

Discussion in 'Sooner Football' started by oumartin, May 19, 2011.

1. Mad Dog Madsen

Mad Dog Madsen New Member

2. badger

badger Vacuums eat while yelling

I found photos on SS.com of both. First the sack:
    [​IMG]

Then, after the next play, Austin has the ball :)
    [​IMG]

Looking back at all of these pictures and videos makes me think that even if Austin was dealing with injuries and in pain, he was still having the time of his life.

EDIT: And upon a 50th viewing, I see that it wasn't a sack, but rather, a tackle for a loss. The player he's bullying around behind the line of scrimmage on the first play is Helu Jr., not Taylor. So, tackle for loss, THEN fumble recovery :)

3. LiL10(s)ArEaJoKe

LiL10(s)ArEaJoKe New Member

RIP Austin, you will be missed!!

Now to digress a bit, before everyone on here gets all worked up about Oxy, go read a bit about. I personally know 2 young people that were athletes who were buried due to Oxy overdoses and I currently have a duaghter that is/was, hopefuly was is the case, that had an Oxy addiction which most likely stemmed from a car acident in 2005. Oxy is designed to be a 12 hour time release pain killer, and it does this if swallowed whole. If it is crushed and swallowed or chewed, smoked, snorted, you get its affects all at once. Everyone in America needs to demand Oxy be taken off the shelf and repalced by an Oxy pill that if crushed, chewed, smoked, snorted, etc. will be a benign substance. It contains micro-caspules that if crushed, burnt, etc will cause the opium part of Oxy to be no more than a sugar pill.

May all prayers from Sooner Nation and from around the world help comfort the Box family during this time of grief, and forever.

4. badger

badger Vacuums eat while yelling

Did Austin ever wear #42?

[​IMG]

Because that photo (look at the date in the corner) totally looks like him. Stolen off photobucket :)

5. SoonerofAlabama

SoonerofAlabama Actual Poor Student

Thanks badger. Lets remember him like he was.

6. soonerboy_odanorth

soonerboy_odanorth New Member

Yes, he did. I believe he switched '09. [EDIT: Scratch that. He switched '08. Wore 42 only in '07 according to soonerstats.com.]

Last edited: May 20, 2011
  7. KBoomer11

KBoomer11 New Member

Funeral services set. 11 am at Emmanuel Baptist Church in Enid.

8. gtowntide

gtowntide New Member

RIP young man. Prayers for his family from the Crimson Tide nation.

Boomer..... likes this.
  9. SoonerofAlabama

SoonerofAlabama Actual Poor Student

My audio started working and I just listened to the Venables interview. He is clearly deeply saddened and is going through this with Sooner nation.

10. Memtig14

Memtig14 New Member

Words can't describe the sadness.......

Prayers to all..........

11. soonerlaw

soonerlaw New Member

At the young age of 22, he had already graduated with a double major, been a part of championship teams in both High School and College, been a leader to his teammates, an inspiration to many Oklahoma fans who watched him grow up as a hometown favorite, and a proud beacon to his family and friends. He had accomplished more in 22 years than many people do in a lifetime. Even though his life was short, he made the most of it, and we will remember him for it always.

12. texas bandman

texas bandman Well-Known Member

My heart hurts...Condolences to his family.

1 The LORD is my shepherd;
    I shall not want.
    2 He makes me to lie down in green pastures;
    He leads me beside the still waters.
    3 He restores my soul;
    He leads me in the paths of righteousness
    For His name’s sake.
    4 Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death,
    I will fear no evil;
    For You are with me;
    Your rod and Your staff, they comfort me.
    5 You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies;
    You anoint my head with oil;
    My cup runs over.
    6 Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me
    All the days of my life;
    And I will dwell in the house of the LORD
    Forever.

Rest in peace, Austin.

StoopTroup likes this.
  13. GrapevineSooner

GrapevineSooner SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Texas Ranger Chris Davis was very good friends with Austin. In fact, he was set to host Austin at an upcoming Rangers homestand.

StoopTroup likes this.
  14. JLEW1818

JLEW1818 SoonerFans.com Elite Member

yah, and he was a RS in 07

15. JLEW1818

JLEW1818 SoonerFans.com Elite Member

ENID, Okla.
    Friends and family of University of Oklahoma middle linebacker Austin Box were set to honor his life at a funeral service next Friday, The Oklahoman reported Saturday.

A service will be held for Box at Emmanuel Baptist Church in his hometown of Enid, Okla., at 11:00 a.m. local time May 27. The 22 year old died Thursday after being found unresponsive by his friend J.T. Cobble at a home in El Reno, Okla.

The cause of his death remains unconfirmed, though Cobble's 911 call suggested Box may have overdosed on pain pills.

The Oklahoma Medical Examiner's Office began an autopsy Friday, with a toxicology test ordered to see if Box had drugs in his system when he died.

Box, who collected his college degree in May, was expected to be a starter at middle linebacker in his senior season. He recorded 37 tackles during his junior year with the Sooners.

Box was the second college football player to die in recent weeks. Alabama offensive lineman Aaron Douglas was found dead May 12 after a night of partying in a northern Florida beach town.

16. boomermagic

boomermagic New Member

R I P Austin

17. PLaw

PLaw Well-Known Member

Too young.
    Too much promise.
    Too many questions.
    Too sad.

Our prayers of comfort and peace to the Box family. It is a parent's greatest fear to lose a child.

RIP Austin.

18. picasso

picasso SoonerFans.com Elite Member

19. achiro

achiro SoonerFans.com Elite Member

I drive past his parents home every day on the way to the office. This morning I saw that several of his former teammates had placed their football and baseball yard markers in front of the house. These are the ones parents put out with their kids name on them. Anyway, it was pretty powerful. They put a picture of a few of them(there are a lot more now) in today's paper but I can't find it on the website.

20. SOFSooner

SOFSooner New Member

My parents live about 4 blocks west of Austin's parents house and they called me here in Djibouti to tell me about the yard and the signs. I think that is a unique and awesome way to pay your respects for what Austin brought into his teammates (past and present) lives. God bless.