1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Appreciation for Coach K thread

Discussion in 'Sooner Basketball' started by Soonerjeepman, Jan 6, 2016.

1. Soonerjeepman

Soonerjeepman SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Is there ANY question as to why Coach K was mic'ed up on Monday and NOT Self.

I appreciate his manners, calmness, personality. Great fit for this team.

We have a 4 * kid that is a FR at tOSU and transferring...6'5 200 white shooting guard..visiting this Sat. The only issue is he's transferring due to playing time...parents complaining, so not sure I'd want that but Coach K knows best.

* he's actually calling TO's this season! lol

2. tycat947

tycat947 New Member

THAT is why he was mic'd up. With Self, it would be bleep, bleep, bleep, constantly!

3. S.PadreIsl.Sooner

S.PadreIsl.Sooner Well-Known Member

Total winner! Total class act!

4. SoonerMarkVA

SoonerMarkVA New Member

This is one of the great things about having coaches like Kruger and Stoops. They are such great judges of character, and unwilling to let any one player be bigger than the team, that there is no reservation about them taking in what look to be risky kids. Their judgement is outstanding, and even if they miss they won't hesitate to cut loose a cancer if that's how it turns out. If Capel were arranging this transfer, I'd be very alarmed.

5. Soonerjeepman

Soonerjeepman SoonerFans.com Elite Member

true that...and the kid supposedly did commit.

6. hawaii 5-0

hawaii 5-0 Well-Known Member

Faith in Lon. I've got lots of it.

Still, I vividly remember booing him when he played the point for Kansas State. Mainly because he was so good.

We're lucky to have him.

5-0