1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anyone coming to Fayetteville?

Discussion in 'Sooner Basketball' started by SoonerInSpringdale, Dec 1, 2010.

1. SoonerInSpringdale

SoonerInSpringdale New Member

I'll be sitting on the first row directly behind the Sooner bench. Hope they can beat Arkansas.

If anyone has any questions about the area let em rip and I'll do my best.

2. Romulus

Romulus New Member

I'll be there but eating at Theo's

3. badger

badger Vacuums eat while yelling

Here is a preview article of the game. Yay, more TV time :)

Ok, Springdale, here's a few questions since you offered:

1- Much was said about the so-called "Springdale Mafia" around the time the Nutter, Mitchie and Malzain left Arkansas. Do they still exist? Any fun mafia stories?

2- What does Arkansas REALLY think of Mitch Mustain and his mother. Any response to him finally getting to start for USC?

3- Does anyone in Springdale still remember Krista Sanchez?

4- NP tells me that Arkansas fans are batsh!t crazy. Fact or fiction? Please give example of batsh!t crazy if fact.

5- Why do Tulsa-area talents choose to go to Arkansas? Rotnei Clarke and some football prospects this past recruiting season all went Razorback on some local schools trying to recruit them.

6- Will Arkansas ever leave the SEC for the Big 12? If there's a Dumb and Dumber "chance," what would it take to get them in our conference... do we even want them.

thanks in advance! :)

4. SoonerInSpringdale

SoonerInSpringdale New Member

I have only lived here about 5 years...I payed little to no attention to Arkansas program when I got here, but have heard much about these people. (That Springdale team is still talked about with diety like respect in Springdale.)

I wish I had some good stories for you. I was at Damian Williams draft party and Mitch (that whole HS team) was there and Mark Sanchez came. From what I can gather all the Springdale people HATE Nutt and love Gus and the Mafia. The people that live in Fayetteville HATE Nutt and are mixed on Mitch and the Mafia. It was quite a fun couple of weeks on talk radio around here though before he left.

See above and on him starting there wasn't a ton of talk that I heard.

I don't, but again...I'm not a townie.

This is fact. I have lived a lot of places and came across many fan bases. This is without a doubt the craziest and delusional fan base that I have ever been exposed to. They have zero to little perspective/knowledge of sports outside of Arkansas. They have unrealistic goals. They don't live in reality.

It's so hard to give one example...It is a weekly thing if you just listen to any of their fans. When they were searching for a basketball coach many said they could take Bill Self away from KU (I went to school in Lawrence for a bit). I laughed at everyone that said this, but many still think all they have to do is ask him. There is a myth in the fanbase that says Self's contract has out clause in it if Arkansas offers him.

The SEC pride is overboard because they have been trash for so long (finally have a football year to be somewhat proud of) so all they do is talk up the SEC when their seasons are in ruins. I posted on the football board about the things I hear around town from random fans. They have no clue.

Pretty sure Rotnei said God told him to go here.

I don't think they would ever leave the SEC. They have too much a mancrush on Alabama and Florida. They love them some SEC no matter how many times they are screwed in big games. I think something serious would have to happen like an obvious screw job in an SEC title game where they have national title implications if they won.

I wouldn't mind them in the Big 12 for selfish reasons because I live here. I was spoiled in Big 12 country and I rarely get to see any of the games I'm used to watching in person. Would love getting see Big 12 teams come here for football and BBall.

Personally I'd just love a home and home with them every year in football in the out of conference schedule. I'm sure Bob would be up for it, but Arkansas wouldn't want any of this every year (even though all there fans say we aren't even a top 25 team and would crush us)

5. NormanPride

NormanPride SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Whoever goes, don't leave early. We expect our players to tough it out, so we should be there to help them.

6. Blue

Blue SoonerFans.com Elite Member

18-10 14 to go. Ugh.

7. Boomer.....

Boomer..... .....Sooner!

Very sloppy so far.

8. soonerbub

soonerbub New Member

This video feed is like a bad youtube video ugh

9. Blue

22-15 Ark 11 to go. Hangin in there.

10. Blue

Too many turnovers. Cmon Sooners.

11. Blue

There we go, baby! 25-24 Arkie.

12. Soonerjeepman

Soonerjeepman SoonerFans.com Elite Member

we are going to get KILLED in the Big 12....man we look awful...

13. Soonerjeepman

I'm sorry but we are running NO offense...it's just run around and shoot it...that's good if ya have shooters...

and our defense...ugh~

before ya blast me...I've followed OU bball a ton...coached HS ball...love the game but man we look lost...

14. Soonerjeepman

good to hear Billy announcing the game...

15. Boomer.....

Boomer..... .....Sooner!

I think Tubbs is a horrible announcer.

16. Blue

I agree. We're getting killed inside. I can't believe we don't have any big men.

17. Soonerjeepman

LOL...didn't say Billy is good....just brings back good memories...

yeah we have about 9 6'4 to 6'7 guys....

Boomer..... likes this.
  18. Soonerjeepman

maybe we should have recruited Clarke....a little more...(or chosen him)...

our 2 guards can't guard a paper bag...

19. Boomer.....

Boomer..... .....Sooner!

Halftime

OU - 37
    Arky - 43

20. Blue

43-37 Arkie Halftime.

We could win this one if we'd play some D.