1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Any word on when the dates for non-con games for next season will set?

Discussion in 'Sooner Football' started by Landthief 1972, Dec 13, 2010.

1. Landthief 1972

Landthief 1972 New Member

Sorry, that should be,

"Any word on when the dates for non-con games for next season will be set?"

Fiancé and I are planning a wedding, and we're trying to tiptoe around OU's football schedule. She's a keeper. :D Right now, we're looking at Sept. 10th, but if that's OU-FSU, that dog ain't gonna hunt. I could probably be okay with missing Ball State, but Tulsa? Come on now.

Last edited: Dec 13, 2010
    MamaMia likes this.
  2. 85sooners

85sooners New Member

3. BajaOklahoma

BajaOklahoma SoonerFans.com Elite Member

We did an early August wedding - no worry about anniversary conflicts, which you need to consider too.
    Congrats!

MamaMia likes this.
  4. meoveryouxinfinity

meoveryouxinfinity New Member

spring is for weddings fall is for football

;)

5. MeMyself&Me

MeMyself&Me New Member

Focus on that part! She may be all cool about it now but once that date is set, you better not dare move your anniversary plans around a football game. Ours is in December. After the regular season and before the bowl season.

6. JohnnyMack

JohnnyMack SoonerFans.com Elite Member

7. olevetonahill

olevetonahill Well-Known Member

Dayum JM aint that way early fer a open date?

Date

Opponent

9/3

Tulsa (1,3)

9/10

9/17

at Florida State

9/24

Missouri

10/1

Ball State

10/8

vs Texas

10/15

at Kansas

10/22

Texas Tech

10/29

at Kansas State

11/5

Texas A&M

11/12

Iowa State

11/19

at Baylor

11/26

at Oklahoma State

8. yermom

yermom Stayatworkdad

more people should understand this.

9. texas bandman

texas bandman Well-Known Member

3rd weekend in December would be good, only really crappy bowl games at that time of year and if the Sooners are in a bowl that early, I'm personally going to be dead. :D

10. TahoeSOONER

TahoeSOONER New Member

I did not think that through and have been paying for it the last 8 years.:(

11. olevetonahill

olevetonahill Well-Known Member

Get a divorce, problem solved .;)

12. soonervegas

soonervegas New Member

Definitely. Here is hoping we shove a Big 12 game in there. Texas Tech might be a good option.

13. Landthief 1972

Yes, but we'd both up up for celebrating our anniversary at an OU game anyway, so that's kind of a bonus.

14. humblesooner

humblesooner New Member

You are soooooo naive.

15. Landthief 1972

LOL!

I think I'm going to be spared - we're looking at late July or early August. Better to be hotter than Hades than have it during football season.

16. proudsoonergal

proudsoonergal New Member

Yup. Ours was in June - I wasn't a huge fan of that particular month, but the good news is there is really no interesting sports going on during the end of the month.

Same with July, I suppose.

Either way, Sept to end of Nov is a bad time to have a wedding. And, no doubt, you're going to have people at the wedding that are fans of other teams. So, if you have the wedding in the fall, even if it doesn't fall on a big game for OU, it is likely the reception will be people crowded around the only TV at the place, or checking their phones repeatedly for scores, or listening to the radio....and that kinda sucks when you've put so much work (and MONEY) into your wedding and reception.

In a similar vein, I helped host two baby showers this fall (both babies are due on Christmas day). Anyway, one of the moms-to-be completely agreed with me at the outset about not having the shower on a Saturday in October.

The other mom-to-be wanted to have a CO-ED baby shower on a SATURDAY NIGHT (and it was a home game for UT - against OSU, I believe). After some convincing, the shower was moved to Friday night. And, yes, there was alcohol.

17. madillsoonerfan5353

madillsoonerfan5353 New Member

THIS^^^^ That's why I got hitched in March.

Congrats.

18. MamaMia

MamaMia Moderator

Nobody in my family is allowed to get married during football season. :confused:

19. silverwheels

silverwheels SoonerFans.com Elite Member

No Big 12 title game next year, and I believe the OSU game was moved to the first weekend of December, so we should have 2 bye weeks.

20. bmjlr

bmjlr Active Member

I got married on July 4th...easy to remember and easy to plan a party or celebration...gonna have one anyway on that day!