1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Any updates on the LB recruiting trail?

Discussion in 'Recruiting' started by Fraggle145, Jun 24, 2013.

1. Fraggle145

Fraggle145 Drunky Town Limnologist

Who are we targeting/offered? Who are we likely to get?

2. Widescreen

Widescreen SoonerFans.com Elite Member

I think the update is that other teams are getting all the guys we want.

3. Breadburner

Breadburner Well-Known Member

We need some JUCO help.....

4. PalmBeachSooner

PalmBeachSooner New Member

That's funny! I don't care who you are.

I was looking through the ESPN 300 and there were very few LBers in that list. I think there was only one that had us in his list of schools. The staff is going to have to be very thorough in their evaluation 'cause there just ain't a lot of options out there.

5. Fraggle145

Ugh.... [​IMG] Is that it?

6. 8timechamps

8timechamps Administrator

First, let me say that I am NOT a Kish supporter. I'm not the guy to say "FIRE [insert coach]!!", and he still has some time left in this class to bring in some good players, but I just haven't seen anything that makes me believe he's on top of the LB recruiting.

Anyway, here's a look at the guys OU has placed a priority in recruiting:

Tay Evans (6'2" 200 lbs, Allen, TX.) - Evans is probably the closest to a "sure thing" commit that OU currently has at LB. Evans' dad is a former Sooner Hoops player. Right now, he has offers from KSU, Arizona State, Stanford, Indiana, OU and others. Currently, it appears that it's going to come down to OU and Stanford.

Christian Sam (6'1" 206 lbs, Allen, TX.) - Sam, a teammate of Tay Evans was extremely high on the Sooners a couple of months ago. At that time, Tay Evans didn't have an offer from OU, and it was rumored that the only thing keeping Sam from committing to OU was he wanted to wait until Evans had an OU offer and they would both commit. Things have cooled off recently, and remains to be seen if Sam still feels the same. Currently, Sam has offers from Arizona State, Baylor, Boise State, Kansas State, Ole Miss, OU and others.

Greg Miclisse (6'0" 231 lbs, Palm Bay, FL.) - Of the four LBs I've listed, Miclisse is probably the longest shot for the Sooners to land. It has been reported that he has interest in the Sooners, but it could be tough for OU to lure him out of the SEC and/or Florida. Currently, Miclisse has offers from Arizona, Cincinnati, Louisville, Michigan State, Mississippi State, Nebraska, South Carolina, Tennessee, OU and quite a bit more.

Dakota Allen (6'1" 227 lbs, Houston, TX.) - Allen is one of the most recent offers by the Sooners, and he is rumored to have strong interest. Allen has made it known that he wants to have his recruiting finished prior to the beginning of his senior year, and definitely wants to take an official visit to Norman. Allen has offers from Colorado, Illinois, Iowa State, Houston, Kansas State, TCU, Texas Tech and OU.

Those are the four most probable commits, although it remains to be seen if Kish can get them.

7. Widescreen

Widescreen SoonerFans.com Elite Member

With our linebacking situation, you would think it wouldn't be that hard to get good quality LB's in. Makes me think there's something about Kish they just don't like.

8. Fraggle145

I can tell you there is something about Kish that I dont like... that he sucks at LB recruiting.