1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2014 Big XII Week 1 Games

Discussion in 'Sooner Football' started by landrun, Jan 5, 2014.

1. landrun

landrun Well-Known Member

I noticed that OSU plays FSU and WV plays Bama.

That'll be a good first week of college football to watch! It'll be interesting to see. :excitement:

2. Mac94

Mac94 New Member

The Big-12 definately improved its OOC with some interesting games ... and really loaded the Sept 13th sched. Games against other (formerly) BCS conferences:

8/30 Oklahoma St. vs Florida St. (in Arlington)
    8/30 W. Virginia vs Alabama (in Atlanta)
    8/31 SMU at Baylor
    9/13 Iowa at Iowa St
    9/13 Kansas at Duke
    9/13 Tennessee at Oklahoma
    9/13 Minnesota at TCU
    9/13 Arkansas at Texas Tech
    9/13 W. Virginia at Mayland
    9/13 Texas vs UCLa (in Arlington)
    9/27 TCU at SMU
    TBA Auburn vs Kansas St (per KSU website)

Foour games against the SEC and three against the Big-10 (Maryland is part of the Big-10 next year, right?) Good schedule overall ... good chance to give the conference some real credibility nationally.

3. nanimonai

nanimonai New Member

Interesting. No matter who wins tonight, a Big XII team will play the defending champ.

4. SoonerMarkVA

SoonerMarkVA New Member

Wow, nice job XII teams. Well, SMU doesn't impress me, but the rest of that lineup is very respectable to downright top-notch.

5. Mac94

Mac94 New Member

I only included SMU because they are AAC and that technically was a BCS conference. Could add Texas' game against BYU to the list ... not former BCS but still good game.

6. swardboy

swardboy SoonerFans.com Elite Member

I bet Jerry wishes he had Tennessee/OU in Arlington!

Well, unless FSU wins the national championship tonight. Great opportunity for OSU in that case.

Dang, just noticed he has Tejas/ ucla on 9/13...that'll play pretty well if Charlie has the whorns unbeaten at that point.

7. Mac94

Mac94 New Member

These neutral site games are growing ... Arlington has two ... Atlanta has two (also has Boise St vs Ole Miss), and Houston has one (LSU vs Wisconsin also on the 30th of August).