1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2006-2007 ****** Series Standings

Discussion in 'General Sports Forum' started by OSUFAN11, Apr 19, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. OSUFAN11

OSUFAN11 New Member

This is for all of you OU fans who dont just care about football and are interested in your atheltics program in a whole. Here are the current standings of this years Bed lam Series.

Soccer @ Norman 2-1 OSU OSU 1 OU 0
    W Cross Country OSU 4th, OU 8th OSU 1.5 OU 0
    M Cross Country OSU 4th, OU 8th OSU 2 OU 0
    Football @ Stillwater 27-21 OU OSU 2 OU 2
    Wrestling @ Norman 17-15 OSU OSU 3 OU 2
    W Basketball @ Stillwater 76-60 OU OSU 3 OU 3
    M Basketball @ Stillwater 66-61 OSU OSU 4 OU 3
    W Basketball @ Norman 78-63 OU OSU 4 OU 4
    M Basketball @ Norman 67-60 OU OSU 4 OU 5
    Wrestling @ Stillwater 29-6 OSU OSU 5 OU 5
    Softball @ Norman 8-0 OU OSU 5 OU 6
    W Tennis 4-3 OSU OSU 6 OU 6
    W Golf OSU 2nd, OU 5th OSU 6.5 OU 6
    M Tennis* 4-3 OSU OSU 7.5 OU 6

*Not sure which tennis match they are using for the bed lam Series. OSU won 4-3 on Jan. 20th but they play again April 24th(Tuesday).

As of right now, OSU leads the series 6.5-6 or 7.5-6(depending on which tennis match they use) OU will most likely win the other softball game so it is pretty much up to who wins baseball and Mens and Womens Track and Field.

Football gets 2 points
    Men's Basketball gets 1 point per game
    Women's Basketball gets 1 point per game
    *Baseball points are explained below
    Softball gets 1 point per game
    Wrestling gets 1 point per match
    Women's Soccer gets 1 point
    Men's Tennis gets 1 point
    Women's Tennis gets 1 point
    @Men's Golf points are explained below
    @Women's Golf points are explained below
    $Men's Track (Outdoor/Indoor) points are explained below
    $Women's Track (Outdoor/Indoor) points are explained below
    @Men's Cross Country points are explained below
    @Women's Cross Country points are explained below

* Winner of three (3) game Baseball series (even in a 3-0 sweep) receives no more than two (2) points. In the event the losing team in the series wins a game, that team will receive one (1) point.
    $ The combined scores in the Big 12 Outdoor and Indoor Track Championships will be compared to award the one-half (1/2) point.
    @ The one-half (1/2) point will be awarded to the team that finishes highest in the Big 12 Championship.

TIE-BREAKER

All sports will be placed in a random drawing. The drawing will occur until a sport is drawn that a school won all of the possible points in that particular athletics year.

2. snp

snp New Member

Nope, don't care about this dumb award.

3. OSUFAN11

OSUFAN11 New Member

That figures! We all know that there are not too many OU fans that care about anything other than football. I cant say much though because if football and womens athletics were the only thing OSU had going for them, I would probably only pay attention to football too.

4. Collier11

Collier11 SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Yea, too bad osu doesnt even have football going for them!

5. GrapevineSooner

GrapevineSooner SoonerFans.com Elite Member

I'm having a TV dinner for lunch.

6. OSUFAN11

OSUFAN11 New Member

Too bad OSU does have a good athletic department though but heck at least you guys have your football, womens atheltics, and gymnastics! I bet OU fans are proud of their Men's basketball even though they didnt make a post season tournament and I am sure you are proud of your baseball team that is currently 8th in the Big 12.

7. Collier11

OU is 5th in baseball jagoff, and your ath dept doesnt have sh*t on ours. Unless you want to count golf and wrestling then yes, you are better than us. BBall we had a down year but are typically the same level as you guys, baseball you have more tradition but atleast we won a ws title unlike your overhpyed teams of the 80's and 90's, and football isnt even close

8. OSUFAN11

OSUFAN11 New Member

Sorry, I was just going by the order that the DO had you guys. I didnt notice that they were placing everybody by thier overall record. Ok, so you guys are in 5th place with a losing record in the Big 12! WOW! That is something to be proud of! I am glad to see that you admitted that we have a better athletic department than you guys. You can say some sports arent worth counting but just because you may not like it, doesnt mean that it does not count. Oh and we have a national championship in baseball. It was in 1959. Here is a link http://www.okstate.com/SportSelect.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=200&KEY=&SPID=154&SPSID=1660. It will also show you a lot more that OSU has achieved in baseball.

9. Collier11

we have two ws titles

10. Collier11

And if you took me saying that you guys had a better athletic dept. from what I wrote then you are dumber than I thought! You guys arent even in the same league as us, FACE IT!

11. Collier11

Considering how many freshman we have playing and how many very talented players including almost our entire pitching staff that we lost last year, I am very proud of where we are. By the way, was that OU or osu that came within 1 game of the college ws last year, I cant quite remember because our Big12 football title is clouding my memory!!!

12. OSUFAN11

OSUFAN11 New Member

I dont know either because our series sweep of you guys last year is still clouding my memory

13. OSUFAN11

OSUFAN11 New Member

Hey the proof is there for you. It is obvious that we are better in overall athletics. You are better than us in a HUGE sport(football) but other than that, OSU is in the same league as you and then some! Like I said before, if you didnt have your womens athletics to rely on then OU's athletic dept. would be much worse.

14. Collier11

jackazz...thats all I can say

15. Collier11

16. Scott D

Scott D SoonerFans.com Elite Member

no I think you'd find the concept of a "cup challenge" series between most State Universities, and their usually Agriciultural Counterparts is viewed with disdain by the State Universities.

They have one here for Michigan and Michigan State....and no Michigan fan/alum cares, and very few Michigan State ones do as well. About the only ones who seem to care are generally the athletes in individual sports.

17. OSUFAN11

OSUFAN11 New Member

yeah and Stanford is #1 if you follow that! Go ahead and follow that if it makes you feel better but the proof is in the first post of this thread. The only thing that you guys have going for you is football, and womens athletics. You should be proud.

18. Collier11

Keep on keepin on troll! You are an idiot and you have proven that over and over! We deal with facts around here

19. OSUFAN11

OSUFAN11 New Member

Call me an idiot all you want but I find it funny that you say you deal with the facts and yet you still try to argue that OU has a better athletic program than OSU. Come on now! OSU is leading OU and you guys even got 2 points for beating us in football.:pop:

20. Collier11

Head to head matchups dont mean jack squat, if they did then you could say that in 2001 you guys had a better football team than us but we all know that isnt true! In a rivalry the lesser team wins at times. This is a rediculous argument and even being an ag, I would hope that you would be smart enough to understand this.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.