1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

**2005-06 MLB Offseason Hot Stove**

Discussion in 'General Sports Forum' started by Scott D, Nov 17, 2005.

1. Salt City Sooner

Salt City Sooner New Member

2. mrowl

mrowl SoonerFans.com Elite Member

yep.

And do you really think that could happen?

Even if the windows are taken out of the gold club, the jet stream affect would still be there, the solution is ripping the club out, or changing how the wind comes in (wind screens)

3. AustinTXHorn

AustinTXHorn 'Spek, out.

No, but I'm not the one that said "I don't care if they get..."

4. mrowl

correct. All of the so called players that they "almost got" this year is just Hicks showing to the fans that he tried (but not really).

I know the offseason is far from being over. But, the names on that free agent list sure is getting shorter.

5. AustinTXHorn

AustinTXHorn 'Spek, out.

That's crazy.

The Rangers had the best offer on the table for Matt Morris, but he signed elsewhere.
    The Rangers had the best offer on the table for Kyle Farnsworth, but he signed elsewhere.
    The Rangers had the best offer on the table to the Marlins for Josh Beckett, but they took the Red Sox deal because they didn't want to pay Blalock's salary.

6. mrowl

well, I didn't see anywhere that the Rangers offered more money to any of those guys. And the Rangers can say they did, but how do you really know?

And then it goes back to the launching pad that is the Ballpark in Arlington.

7. GDC

GDC New Member

Seems pretty simple to me, Texas obviously sucks.

meaning the baseball team, of course

8. AustinTXHorn

AustinTXHorn 'Spek, out.

Morris: http://fantasybaseball.rotoworld.co...previousnews.asp?sport=MLB&leaguenum=&id=5784
    Dec. 10
    Dec. 11
    Add in the fact that Texas has no state income tax, and the Rangers' offer was better than the Giants when he told the Rangers no. The deal he signed with the Giants is 3-$24 million guaranteed before option.

Farnsworth: http://www.dallasnews.com/s/dws/spt/baseball/rangers/stories/120205dnsporangshort.2bdade3f.html
    And we all know about Beckett already.

9. Boomhauer

Boomhauer New Member

I don't look for this to happen but it is quite interesting:

Ken Rosenthal from Fox Sports is reporting that the Orioles and Cubs are talking trade. The Orioles would send Miguel Tijada to the Cubs for Pitcher Mark Prior. He said that the Cubs want Pitcher Brinard included in the dealio but the Orioles are hesitant.

I don't know what to think of this. I have ALWAYS believed that pitching wins championships! (THe Cubs have it if they can ever stay healthy!) The Cubs have an up in coming shortstop by the name of Ronny Cedeno. He is currently hitting .360 in the dominican league right now. BUT at the same time...Prior's contract, I believe, is up at the end of the year and it will take a boat load of money to keep him. Guess we will wait and see.

10. Scott D

Scott D SoonerFans.com Elite Member

I've heard a variant of that rumor Boomhauer except it also involved another player from the Cubs, I think it was a prospect but I'm not sure. Cubs also looking to deal Corey Patterson (waits for cheering from Cub fans to subside).

Everyone's focusing on the Red Sox going after the Seattle Center Fielder, however keep an eye on a deal that might be laying in the reeds of them trading for Joey Gaithwright from Tampa.

11. Boomhauer

Boomhauer New Member

GET RID OF KKKKKKKKKKKKKOREY PATTERSON!!!!!

12. Boomhauer

Boomhauer New Member

I have been wrong before and probably will be again...but for some reason I think this will happen.

Cubs get:
    Miguel Tejada
    Eric Bedard

Orioles get:
    Mark Prior
    Rich Hill
    KKKKKorey Patterson

13. Salt City Sooner

Flaherty to Boston on a 1 year deal.

14. GDC

GDC New Member

Hmm, the unit's personal catcher, guess he's not happy.

What was funny was Damon characterizing Boston fans' reaction to him next season as "mixed".

15. Salt City Sooner

The Yanks got Stinnett, who was Unit's catcher in Arizona. Shouldn't be a big deal.

16. AustinTXHorn

AustinTXHorn 'Spek, out.

Rangers offer a 4-year deal to Millwood. Red Sox follow shortly after.

Then Boras says he wants 6 years. But there's no way in hell anybody is giving Millwood six years.

17. colleyvillesooner

colleyvillesooner SoonerFans.com Elite Member

I think he's gonna be a Red Sox. I want him here though. Bad.

18. GrapevineSooner

GrapevineSooner SoonerFans.com Elite Member

As much as I wouldn't mind him pitching for the Red Sox, I want him in Texas if nothing more than because Jon Daniels tried so hard to get Josh Beckett and Matt Morris in here and came up empty.

19. AustinTXHorn

AustinTXHorn 'Spek, out.

Jon Daniels just got us Ranger fans a great Christmas present in Kevin Millwood.

Thank you J.D.

20. jk the sooner fan

jk the sooner fan loved by all

link?

do not toy with me horn.......are you serious?