1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1/26: Sooner women take on undefeated, top ranked Baylor

Discussion in 'The Sports Book' started by badger, Jan 22, 2012.

1. badger

badger Vacuums eat while yelling

OU has played tough against top ranked, undefeated opponents at home before (like UConn in several pink-outs).

And we've beaten Skeletor many times before.

I hope with all my hope we win.

You have till 8 p.m. Thursday to vBet

2. rekamrettuB

rekamrettuB New Member

What's a double/triple-double?

3. badger

It's my scapegoat in case she gets 10 blocks so you vBettors can't be all like nuh-uh! She got a TRIPLE double not a double-double!

Thus, if Behemoth gets a double-double or a triple double, no vPay.

4. badger

and this really will be key to us winning if we win --- getting rebounds instead of her and not allowing her to block our shots and not allowing her easy buckets. If she dunks on OU, I'll be very sad, too.

5. Soonerus

Soonerus SoonerFans.com Elite Member

I was misled by the bet...she, of course will get a double double...

6. badger

Not trying to mislead anyone here, but the game is about 12 hours away... should i abandon this one and restart with a new one?

abandon = refund all bet money and you all cast your bets again

7. badger

I am a benevolent badger, so I think I have come up with a solution:

There is no question what "dunkless" means, but I think there is some question as to what "double/triple-double" can mean.

Thus, I am shortening that line to just "dunkless" and changing the payout. If you already cast a vBet, you will get your original payout odds if the Sooners hold Behemoth "dunkless."

It should go without saying that I, the vModador, will determine whether or not Behemoth dunks or not. So, no arguing allowed on this since I'm being generous, IMHO.

If you still want to hold out hope that we completely shut that stupid dunker down, I will create a separate vBetting line for that with better payout odds.

Good vLuck!

8. Soonerus

I think your approach is very fair...thanks, I thought a double/triple double meant Griner would need to get 6 doubles...

9. badger

Ummm.... huh????

Points... rebounds...blocks...assists...

Thinking...

Turnovers????

Steals, I guess????

Yeah, I don't think that's gonna happen. I really hope not, because that likely means we're losing by 50 :eek:

10. ouflak

ouflak Oh wow! Oh wow! Oh wow!

I'm somewhat guessing that Griner didn't dunk (haven't watched the game), but I've read a couple of recaps and can't see anything that says she did. I'm sure it would be news if she had. Otherwise, from what I can gather, we just needed to hit all of our threes to really have a shot of being in this one at the end.

11. Soonerus

Did she dunk ? I did not see it...

12. badger

Heh...heh... looks like flak settled the event for me... so looks like I'm going to have to have a makeup "we're sorry" vBet later :(

13. badger

If I wanted to be picky, I would say that they showed that Big 12 womens basketball ad (Do you reMEEEEEEEEEEMber when...) that has a clip of Behemoth dunking at least a dozen times during the game last night.

Alas, my intent is not to be picky, but rather, to have fun, so I hope nobody is angry when us vModadors mess up, because as I've probably mentioned before, there's no reset/undo/takeback button once you settle an event.

So, I'll throw some apology vBet lines your way either in the coming nba events or the next womens basketball event.

And, of course, I'll try to be extra-clear on what is a win and what isn't :)

:mad: Really, nothing should have vWon last night after a 31-point loss :mad:

14. badger

OK, your apology gift is in the Mizzou event. Sorry again. Mistakes will happen and when they do, hopefully we'll remedy them in fun ways like this

15. hawaii 5-0

hawaii 5-0 Well-Known Member

I didn't see a dunk by Griner either.

What gives?

5-0

16. badger

Once again, for anyone that missed my above comments, it was a mistake on the part of the person that settled this event, which I assume was flak, but I don't wanna throw him under the bus here, because lord knows I've made vBookie mistakes before, so here goes:

The settlement of all vBookie events is FINAL.

There are NO takebacks, there are no do-overs, there are no refunds. This is not a hardline stance by any stretch of the imagination, nor is it us being cruel, this is the system we are using. Settlement = the end.

But, that doesn't mean we can't work to atone for our misdeeds. As stated before, I am giving all of you a golden opportunity to vDouble your vCash on Saturday. Nothing is a sure-thing, but this is very close to one, and if you're a fan of OU, you'd definitely take it :)

But... perhaps... you are feeling brave. If you are, the Mizzou matchup is as good of a game as any to take the Jeffcoat/Zander options, which have 34 to 1 and 20 to 1 vPayouts, respectively :)

17. Soonerus

What do we do ? I am confused ???

18. hawaii 5-0

So did I just throw away 75,000 in vCash even tho I won?

I'm confused as well.

5-0

19. badger

1- Forgive us for our mistake

2- Realize that it may happen again in the future

3- Allow us to remedy it by making up for it in future vBetting options, such as practically giving away vCash like the even Mizzou line.

yes, sorry, if you bet on the dunkless one, there is no way to change the settlement that has already taken place. there's no way for me to issue refunds retroactively. it goes down as a loss, much like the Oregon game OU was robbed of and never paid back for or made whole from. :(

20. hawaii 5-0

OK.

Hey! I'm still having fun and I appreciate the work you and Flak do on this vGame.

5-0