1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Am I the only one that wants the 4 seed?

Discussion in 'Sooner Football' started by JLEW1818, Nov 29, 2015.

1. FaninAma

FaninAma SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Well, if you're too dense to recognize the advantage it is for Clemson to play close to home in front if a majority of their fans then you are, well, dense.

2. FaninAma

I guarantee you Bama fans are ecstatic thet they got MSU instead of OU.

3. OklaPony

OklaPony Well-Known Member

Because that's how many points the bookies predict they will have to give away in order to get an even amount of money wagered on each side of the bet.

4. SoonerorLater

SoonerorLater Well-Known Member

Right but that is because it is based on an underlying reality.

5. Okie35

Okie35 SoonerFans.com Elite Member

They are.

6. BoulderSooner79

BoulderSooner79 SoonerFans.com Elite Member

I don't really care who would have been favored. I'm talking about resume and MSU beat tOSU in the toughest of conditions - on the road and with their starting QB sitting on the bench. Yes they barely beat a few teams, but we barely, barely barely beat the Vols and TCU. If we had our starting QB sitting on the bench the whole game against TCU, we'd be discussing whether Stanford or tOSU should have gotten the last slot as we waited for our non-playoff bowl assignment.

I can't argue with any of the 4 teams or the order. Sure, I'd love for it to be rigged in our favor for both match-ups and venue, but I can't argue a rational reason why. I really like the tournament this year. I don't see any big heavies that can just over-power the other teams. Bama might be the closest with their front 7 on D, but they have their flaws too. This looks to be a more cerebral playoff instead of who has the most "beasts". The coaching staffs and their preparation work will make the difference.

7. FaninAma

Here's another sobering thought about the crap for logic thinking the committee spewed out: if there had been a 1-loss PAC 12 champion OU would have been on the outside looking in. So here is the sobering reality. For the Big 12 champion to get in the playoff they have to be either undefeated or one of the other P-5 conferencechampions has to have multiple losses.

8. Eielson

Eielson SoonerFans.com Elite Member

We barely beat TCU and Tennessee, true. As I said, we had two close wins, and that's not uncommon. After all, Alabama barely beat that same Tennessee team, and they were at home. The difference is that MSU did that almost weekly. It's one thing to win a couple close games against top 25 teams, but beating teams like 2-10 Purdue by 3 an 4-8 Rutgers by 7 is different. MSU has about two convincing wins all year, while OU has about eight.

9. Sooner in Tampa

Sooner in Tampa SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Rabble Rabble Rabble

The Sooners are going to Miami...and so am I!!! I don't get to see my boys play that often, so I am beyond stoked they are coming this way! I probably would have flown to Dallas, but Miami is much cheaper for me.

10. FaninAma

Well, you'll have to cheer loud to make up for the 5 or 6 fans that won't be there but would have been in Dallas in your place.

11. Sooner in Tampa

Sooner in Tampa SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Oh, we will be loud...I am rolling 6 deep as well...

12. Okie35

Okie35 SoonerFans.com Elite Member

DOOMED!!!:distrust:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...4-oklahoma-huge-break-by-facing-no-1-clemson/

By falling to No. 4, Oklahoma gets a huge break by facing No. 1 Clemson

13. FaninAma

Lets hope Mike and Bob take this rematch with Brent personally.

14. cvsooner

cvsooner Well-Known Member

I think that's a given. Bob carries a grudge until he buries you with it.

15. tooslow

tooslow Active Member

Seems to happen just about every bowl game. Remember the Bama game where we were given no chance whatsoever to win? Dabo even mentioned that nobody outside of Clemson was giving them a chance. Until Bob figures out a way to keep a team motivated when there's a 4-5 week layoff, I'll expect similar results when we are playing a great team.

16. Eielson

JLEW was wrong. Who woulda thought??

17. yermom

yermom Stayatworkdad

Was he?

Would you rather have been blanked by Bama? :)

18. BoulderSooner79

^This. The Bama D would have pushed our O-line around more than Clemson did. Maybe we hold them to a few less points. I guess we could have had more fans present to go home thoroughly disappointed and wishing they had stayed home.

19. Eielson

Regardless of who ends up winning this game, yermom and Boulder were both wrong, too.

20. BoulderSooner79

What, that Bama would have killed us too? Nothing about either of Bama's game will change my opinion about that. The only team we could have beat was MSU and it wouldn't have been easy.