1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Am I the only one that wants the 4 seed?

Discussion in 'Sooner Football' started by JLEW1818, Nov 29, 2015.

1. JLEW1818

JLEW1818 SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Assuming that Clemson remains the 1 seed?
    I'd still rather play Clemson in Miami, than Bama in Dallas.
    Let Michigan State take their chances with Bama, and give us a Clemson rematch!!

I know you gotta win them both, but I would rather get Clemson first.

pac10SUX likes this.
  2. BoulderSooner79

BoulderSooner79 SoonerFans.com Elite Member

No.

I mean you're not the only one - I think that would be ideal from a match-up point of view for OU. But if everything plays out as expected, I think that Clemson, Bama and MSU are all better or at least more complete teams than we have played so far. There is no easy path. Last year, FSU never looked like a great team and the Ducks had too many injuries to compete going into the CFP. It was clear to me that the Bama/tOSU semi was the real championship game with the FSU/UO winner being fodder in the final. I don't see that this year unless MSU or Clemson get upset.

3. OklaPony

OklaPony Well-Known Member

I think you're out of your mind. We want to play in Arlington regardless of the opponent.

4. yermom

yermom Stayatworkdad

Yep. I think that's likely why we end up in Miami

5. pac10SUX

pac10SUX Active Member

JLEW, I agree. Playing Clemson is more like a B12 team than the others and would give us a chance to get OUr groove back after a month off. Then put the big hurt on whoever wins the other semi. Although it would be great if we could play Clemson in Arlington in OUr first semi but not likely.

6. BoulderSooner79

God, this is a great discussion to be having. :triumphant:

pac10SUX likes this.
  7. yermom

yermom Stayatworkdad

Yes. I have missed the real post season for a few years now :)

8. SoonerorLater

SoonerorLater Well-Known Member

In the end I don't think it matters. You need 2 wins no matter what. I'm sure the thought process for most people is Alabama is the best team. They well may be but truth is there isn't that much difference between these teams. There is a reasonably good chance of meeting Alabama no matter what. Would you rather play them in Arlington or later in AZ?

9. Okie35

Okie35 SoonerFans.com Elite Member

So 1/4 seeds play in Miami? I was trying to figure out what seeds play where.

10. soonercastor

soonercastor New Member

No. Committee gives the 1-seed the site that fits them better geographically

11. FaninAma

FaninAma SoonerFans.com Elite Member

I don't think OU ends up as the #4 seed. I think we play in Jerry World.

12. JLEW1818

JLEW1818 SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Like Boulder said, I love that we can even have this convo!!! So let's enjoy it.

Here is the way I look at it....
    Do you want to give Saban 30 days to prepare for OU, or 10 days?

13. BoulderSooner79

10 days, no question. I still think our O-line will be the ultimate reason if we don't win 2. If Bama's front 7 is as good as advertised, it's the worst match-up for us of any team still in the race. tOSU may be the same story if they sneak in. We have 2 FR tackles and one of them a true freshman. I'm not being critical, just stating what we are working with.

14. badger

badger Vacuums eat while yelling

I just want to be in. The tinfoil hats out there have to be wondering if after last year if the playoff committee isn't trying to justify Ohio State in the top four once again... just because Ohio State, y'know. Why Ohio State?

1- Because Ohio State is Ohio State
    2- Because they only have one loss just like many other playoff teams will
    3- Because they beat Michigan soundly at Michigan in their final game
    4- Because they never got a chance to beat Iowa
    5- Because Ohiooooooooooo Staaaaaaaaate (in whining voice)

15. BermudaSooner

BermudaSooner Well-Known Member

I want to play in Arlington, as I will have tickets for that game. Don't care who we play.

16. BoulderSooner79

Make sure the committee is aware of this !

17. birddog

birddog SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Typically, yes. But iowa didnt have to play osu, msu, or, michigan this year yet they are playing msu for the big 1G championship. The committee screwed baylor and tcu out of the playoffs last year. We were told winning the conference was a big factor and we've really benefitted from it this year. Hell, it is a given we'll get in and the other big boys still need to play their champ. games.

OSU can **** off. They benefitted from a nice run last year.

MSU will stomp iowa with cook being healthy this wknd.
    1 clemson
    2 bama
    3 msu
    4 OU

18. delhalew

delhalew SoonerFans.com Elite Member

I want Clemson in the big game. Better yet to beat Bama in Dallas for the opportunity.

19. Sooner in Tampa

Sooner in Tampa SoonerFans.com Elite Member

I don't care the seed or the opponent...I want OU in the Orange Bowl!! We have great history in that bowl...and it's closer to home :friendly_wink:

20. oupride

oupride New Member

But, but, what if Clemson loses this week and Alabamer is the #1???