1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Do we have another exodus on our hands?

Discussion in 'Sooner Football' started by Fraggle145, Dec 13, 2011.

1. SoonerTerry

SoonerTerry Well-Known Member

Troll central

2. Dan Thompson

Dan Thompson New Member

I am sure some of us could name players that have spent 4 years at OU and never played a snap.

If they rotated more, to help keep injuries down, and let every one play, while not burning a red shirt, could make for alot more happy campers.

Tear Down This Wall likes this.
  3. oumartin

oumartin New Member

there were no injuries in 2000 cuz J.S. hadn't had enough time to break their bodies down.

Tear Down This Wall likes this.
  4. Cantstandya

Cantstandya New Member

"I don't think I've ever seen a kid leave a program like OU and succeed elsewhere."

Yah, that Aikman guy sure sucked at UCLA. T. Choice is pretty good too.

5. SoonerLaw09

SoonerLaw09 New Member

^^^^this. My source is also a player so I will not name names. However, the above is precisely the issue (the coaches do bear responsibility for not defusing it, however, or taking some other action to remedy the situation). There is a certain "leader" on defense who is actually anything but, who thinks everyone should suck up to him. He acts like he's all that, but hasn't got the tools he thinks he has. One guy on the field, totally different personality when the cameras are off. There's a big loyalty split among the defensive players. Venables apparently doesn't know how to handle it.

6. Rocko

Rocko New Member

It's TL, let's get real anyone could have told you this.

7. Ton Loc

Ton Loc Well-Known Member

This thread is awesome. Its got everything you need -

New Trolls
    Old Trolls
    Rumors
    Un-named sources
    Martin
    Hyperbole

The list goes on...

Seamus likes this.
  8. kevpks

kevpks New Member

Heh. I love how he gets his own spot on the list.

9. Curly Bill

Curly Bill I'm a shootist

Agreed. Calling someone aggy because they're not hiding behind crimson sunglasses or whatever, seems well....awfully aggy to me.

10. Ton Loc

Ton Loc Well-Known Member

I like Martin. He's the Godfather of OU pessimism. I don't like the new guys that do it wrong.

11. NormanPride

NormanPride SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Defensive players and RBs leaving en masse... I have no idea what is going on. Gundy has too long of a good track record for this to logically be on him with the RBs. I think BV has lost it, though...

12. jkjsooner

jkjsooner New Member

You know what, I've think we've talked Tashard Choice to death.

As for Aikman, again it's a different situation that what we're talking about here. The coaches fully encouraged Aikman to leave and helped him get in touch with the UCLA staff. We're not talking about players who aren't seeing the field and complaining about playing time. When Aikman left Switzer said that he was an outstanding QB who will be very successful at UCLA. He just no longer fit the offensive direction the coaches had taken.

That being said, Aikman does seem to have a different recollection of how things went down than Switzer's version...

13. picasso

picasso SoonerFans.com Elite Member

I agree. It's a sad post.

14. yankee

yankee New Member

If we're gonna start naming coaches, might as well put Heupel's name out there. I know of several players who think he is an absolute *** hole of a coach. And with all these offensive players leaving...........

It's early and I may be overreacting, but this is starting to feel a little like the ut situation last year.

15. oumartin

oumartin New Member

One could gather that from watching the ESPN special.. he was pretty animated at times.. lol

I'll give him the benefit of the doubt for now but who knows. :(

16. Max Stevenson transferring is going around

17. toast

toast New Member

kinda redundant

18. NormanPride

NormanPride SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Holy ****.

19. Fraggle145

Fraggle145 Drunky Town Limnologist

So another TE? Weeeeeeeeeeeee

20. TFSooner

TFSooner New Member

How about Brandon Keith? Starting OT for the Arizona Cardinals. I would say that he found a little bit of success elsewhere.