1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Do we have another exodus on our hands?

Discussion in 'Sooner Football' started by Fraggle145, Dec 13, 2011.

1. Fraggle145

Fraggle145 Drunky Town Limnologist

Its starting to look like it... 2 RBs, possibly a 3rd, a TE, ...

Didnt we just have one of these in 2008 when a ton of people left? What's the deal with that? On top of the fact that we have been missing on recruits, this definitely doesnt help.

2. SoonerLaw09

SoonerLaw09 New Member

Somebody mentioned "dysfunctional locker room" in another thread. I have it on some reasonably good authority that such is indeed a large part of the problem.

3. oumartin

oumartin New Member

I have it on great authority that one move would cure 90 percent of it

4. En_Fuego

En_Fuego New Member

5. colleyvillesooner

colleyvillesooner SoonerFans.com Elite Member

If we are gonna start these threads, name the names.

6. oumartin

oumartin New Member

I've named the names...

I have been told directly that Venables is close to being turned in to the administration.

7. En_Fuego

En_Fuego New Member

[youtube]-yB7J7DYi6M[/youtube]

8. NormanPride

NormanPride SoonerFans.com Elite Member

No kidding. All these attention-whoring *******s all over the place whenever something bad happens are a cancer. "I know a guy that says this" "My source says something is going on". Bull****.

9. 8timechamps

8timechamps Administrator

I'm not going to comment on the recent RB rumor...because it's a rumor. However, I've had a prevailing feeling for players that come to OU, then transfer out. There's three reasons why it happens:

1. Playing time - in some cases, there are guys that are solid players and put in the work, but just happen to fall behind better talent (Tashard Choice). It sucks for these guys, because they want to play for OU, but they also deserve a shot to play...just not possible. I always wish these kids the best, and hope they succeed (like Choice did).

2. Family issues - It's life, and it happens. This is always a heartbreak to me because again, they want to be at OU, but sometimes things are just to hard to overcome.

Then there's the third reason:

3. They don't want to put in the commitment - for these guys, I think they can't leave fast enough. If they are unwilling to put in the work to play at OU, then chances are they don't deserve the opportunity anyway. And more than likely, they will fail to put in the commitment anywhere they go.

In the end, if they don't want to be here...we're better off without them.

10. sooneredaco

sooneredaco New Member

Amen brotha! Preach it! It's like starting a thread about the baton twirler without pics... Useless

11. Biggnick15

Biggnick15 New Member

For what exactly?

12. OU_Sooners75

OU_Sooners75 SoonerFans.com Elite Member

But your my source! :cower:

13. OU_Sooners75

OU_Sooners75 SoonerFans.com Elite Member

He doesn't know...he is just stirring the pot!

14. oumartin

oumartin New Member

Mangino, Leach type attacks. Very personal

15. Biggnick15

Biggnick15 New Member

wouldnt really surprise me since 2 of bobs former guys have gotten in trouble for that. Gives us an easy way to get rid of him, without stoops having to man up and do the job. Plus if he is attacking kids personally he should probably be gone anyway.

16. oumartin

oumartin New Member

Only reason I won't name my source is its a player

17. sooneredaco

sooneredaco New Member

Do I hear the Jaws theme song in the background?

18. TexasSoonerdad

TexasSoonerdad New Member

Folks, you may not like some of the things you are about to hear but they have to be said. I have a son leaving this program and have many mixed emotions. It has been a tough road and there have been mistakes on both sides of the equation. I will say that from my experience on the inside of the program that there are serious problems in this program. Please don't attack me as an OU hater because I have a great respect for this program. The moral that I have witnessed is one of the lowest that I have seen in a program. This program is seeing an exodus because the people in charge of this program have forgotten that they have to be able to inspire those around them. The truly great coaches and programs have this ability and it pays great dividends. Yes, the players have a responsibility, but it still requires inspiration. As far as my son goes, I had never seen him have any problems until he arived at OU. It is a tough amd new environment but something went really wrong and unfortunately we may never know what it was. For those that will disagree, the proof will be in the pudding. It always plays out in the end. We wish you the best of luck and hopefully this program can return to the program that we thought it was. P.S. Some of your coaches are not who you think they are.

19. sooneron

sooneron Soonerfans.com Elitist

OK, so Leach does it and everybody on here with the exception of Leroy says that Adam James is a coddled *****. Now, BV does it, and he should be gone. Gotit.

20. sooneron

sooneron Soonerfans.com Elitist

The moral? Do you mean, the morals? And what moral/morals are you talking about? How many programs have you "witnessed"?