1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Murray V. Peterson

Discussion in 'Sooner Football' started by lasooner123, Nov 13, 2011.

1. sooner518

sooner518 New Member

Do you know where I can get a boomer sooner ringtone? I really ant one for my phone.

2. picasso

picasso SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Adrian doesn't play on 3rd down because every coach he's had in the NFL has been a bonehead.
    I'll take 'em both.

3. BrotherMalcolm

BrotherMalcolm New Member

Also, who is this Wilkinson fellow I keep hearing about?

;)

4. jkjsooner

jkjsooner New Member

Murray is very impressive but he's not facing defenses that are designed to stop him. Murray has good holes to run through - something Peterson rarely has.

5. jkjsooner

jkjsooner New Member

Are you serious? You're comparing YPG when Murray spent the first half of the year as a third string RB? Let's compare what he's done since he became a starter.

Here's some help for you. Murray had 2, 6, 2, and 4 carries his first four games. You don't seriously expect him to have great per game stats considering this do you?

That being said, Peterson is the better back even if the production doesn't compare to Murray's production as a starter.

Last edited: Nov 13, 2011
  6. AlboSooner

AlboSooner New Member

Rookie Murray is a more complete back that rookie AD.

7. Not....even...close

8. jkm  the stolen pifwafwi

jkm the stolen pifwafwi SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Yep, Peterson has yet to be in an offense where he actually fits. Murray found one right off the bat.

9. ashley

ashley Well-Known Member

This is the silliest question I have ever seen. It is comparing Pee Wee Herman with Paul Newman.

10. meoveryouxinfinity

meoveryouxinfinity New Member

I don't get all the Murray "hate".. hate isn't the right word... but he has been seriously undervalued by Oklahoma fans because according to some of you he had one great run against Texas his freshman year and it was all down hill from there.

11. the-rover

the-rover New Member

???

More like comparing Pruitt with Washington or Jamielle with J.C.

12. hawaii 5-0

hawaii 5-0 Well-Known Member

I loved watching DM grow wings and go airborne over that defender.

Old times.......

5-0

13. Wow, so someone says Murray isn't Peterson and that's undervalue? That's like insulting Sam Bradford by saying he is no Joe Montana

14. meoveryouxinfinity

meoveryouxinfinity New Member

It was the pee wee herman comment I believe that made me want to point it out that Murray's no scrub.

I agree he is no AD. But last year there were threads about how Murray should be benched for Finch, etc.

15. Collier11

Collier11 SoonerFans.com Elite Member

AD is the best RB in the NFL...call me when Demarco has done that for 3 or 4 years

16. delhalew

delhalew SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Geez, why don't ya'll quit hating on Pee Wee Herman...

:D

17. Eielson

Eielson SoonerFans.com Elite Member

You act like he did something crazy like set the NFL single game rushing record against a good run defense while splitting carries with another good back during his rookie season.

18. lasooner123

lasooner123 New Member

you act like demarco broke the cowboys rushing record in his first game or something

19. sooner59

sooner59 SoonerFans.com Elite Member

They both suck. Give me Cedric Benson any day. :pop:

20. AlbqSooner

AlbqSooner SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Down hiill all the way to breaking Steve Owens' '69 TD record.