1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

24 - Day 7

Discussion in 'South Oval' started by bri, Jan 11, 2009.

1. tbl

tbl SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Kiefer is signed on for another year, so he'll live. His daughter was in the upcoming previews, so there's that.

The most unrealistic thing for this season is arranging a hit like that in less than an hour. Seriously... You rig a car bomb, at FBI HQ, and take out a huge target, at 4:00 AM, all within 37 minutes of receiving the call. Oh well...

2. RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone! SoonerFans.com Elite Member

I'm hoping Garafalo is soon discovered to be in on the planned biological attack, Chloe and Renee find out, and take her down in hand-to-hand combat.

3. Getem

Getem New Member

I suspect "The Ring" set up the hit, not the 1st Daughter's hitman.

4. tbl

tbl SoonerFans.com Elite Member

I was kinda thinking that too. That would definitely make more sense. Maybe they had help from the inside, and we'll get to see Chloe and Freckles finish what Jack started on Garafalo.

5. TMcGee86

TMcGee86 Well-Known Member

Yeah, I'm thinking the ring was in on the hit.

When did this day start? i.e. how many more hours left?

6. bri

bri America's Sweetheart

It started at 8:00 am, I believe.

7. tulsaoilerfan

tulsaoilerfan Ready for Baseball Season

3 hrs left; 1 hr next wk then 2 hour finale on the 18th

8. Getem

Getem New Member

Clearly 24 needs to be a four-season show.

9. swardboy

swardboy SoonerFans.com Elite Member

96?

10. bri

bri America's Sweetheart

Man, I knew we were gonna carry a bunch of stuff over to the next season but I didn't expect such an open-ended finale. There were, what, three separate cliffhangers?

And once again, I'd just like to state again that I want Agent Freckles to have my bad-*ss ginger babies.

11. Getem

Getem New Member

Yeah, it was a great finale except for the lack of finality. I'm glad Tony turned out to be somewhat un-evil. At least in the conventional sense. I'm hoping his willingness to blow Jack up and/or harvest his organs was due to the knowledge that Jack was dying anyway. What better way to go than to take out one of the ring.

12. bri

bri America's Sweetheart

I think Tony's single-minded quest for revenge tips his scales to "evil". I mean, look at all the sh*t he was willing to do just to get to the big bad.

13. Sooner98

Sooner98 New Member

Yeah, instead of a countdown to 8:00 to end the show, they might as well have ended with "TO BE CONTINUED".

Is next season definitely the final season for the show? I have a feeling it's just about run its course.

14. bri

bri America's Sweetheart

I don't know...I think we're gonna see a different Jack in Day 8. Plus, how long has it been since he's had a proper partner? I look forward to watching Jack and Renee torturing their way through the day. :D

15. RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!

With both Janice(Garafalo, anti-American in the real world) and Alan Wilson(senior traitorous defense contractor) in her control in a locked room, Renee is in position to do some very creative interrogation, employing some of the neat tricks she should have learned from Jack. Will she wait til next year to begin, or exact the excruciating pain during the off-season?

16. bri

bri America's Sweetheart

My money's on off-season. We'll probably pick back up 6 months to a year later; Jack will be recovering, Tony will be in prison, and Renee will probably be on trial for what she did to Wilson, who probably skates on a technicality. Day 8 brings all the loose ends back together to stop this year's shadowy cabal from being naughty again. Also, more drama with the White Palmers.

And really, who expected Henry to the be Taylor equivalent of Sherry Palmer? Not me.

17. RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!

Well, they prolly DO need to rest up for a while. Not too many folks could keep up that pace for 24 hours straight on an every-day basis.

What do you suppose Renee will learn from Wilson?...and how much disfigurement will she give Garafalo?

18. Fraggle145

Fraggle145 Drunky Town Limnologist

Kim dies on the table... you heard it here first. :pop:

19. swardboy

swardboy SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Jack starts an islamic mission and tortures christians....you heard it here first.

Last edited: May 20, 2009
  20. bri

bri America's Sweetheart

Actually, my Super Crazy Theory is that the producers know that we all assume the experimental stem cell treatment will work, and "having Keifer back for season 8" translates to "he'll be making a cameo as a corpse".