1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New O coord

Discussion in 'Sooner Football' started by ObiKaTony, Jan 11, 2015.

1. Eielson

Eielson SoonerFans.com Elite Member

You're critical of Bob's decision to hire a coach that you aren't critical of?

2. Eielson

We lost a very close game, and Florida was loaded, so that's not a wild idea, but it is a guess. I suppose this means that the ceiling for Air Raid teams is #2 in the country?

3. SoonerForLife92

SoonerForLife92 New Member

Dang and here some of you were talking about people on Landthieves being negatively ripped for their opinion

4. SoonerForLife92

SoonerForLife92 New Member

Did you miss the part where I said hopefully it will work out for us?

5. OU Adonis

OU Adonis New Member

Your right.. That blistering O that put up 13 points and 0 passing TDS.We didn't win the NC because of our O.The last 10 NC's were all won by teams that ran more than passed...

6. BoulderSooner79

BoulderSooner79 SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Shutup, stupid head.

7. OU Adonis

OU Adonis New Member

Here is a Youtube video of one of ECU's games. It shows all the offensive plays only for ECU. This will probably give you an idea of what ECU ran.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G5-yQ_6aQeQVa Tech was 16th against the pass that year. (2013)

8. Eielson

You skipped the KSU game where we scored 41 points, and had 374 passing yards to go with our 11 rushing yards. You also ignored that our ratio of yards was 69-31 for that year. I don't see the point of carrying the ball just for the sake of carrying it. The goal is to gain yards.

I'm glad you mentioned that the offense ran is of little importance when it's the defense that is winning games, as that will make it even easier to pick apart your flawed stats.

First off, your statistics imply that you believe FSU called 57 running plays for Winston last year, and that OU called 42 running plays for Sam Bradford in 2008. I'm here to inform you they didn't. Those were, with only a few exceptions, QB pass plays that resulted in sacks or unintentional QB scrambles. Take those 42 and 57 plays out of the passing column, and put them in the running column, and you'll see that FSU and OU both called more passing plays than runs.

Secondly, as you so elegantly stated, the offense doesn't matter when it's the defense winning games, so let's go ahead and get rid of the Alabama's defensive-oriented teams, as well as LSU's.

The last flaw we need to address is that several of those teams had running QB's, which severely changes the ratio, and makes it almost impossible to actually throw more than you run. Unless you're advocating us using running QB's, we need to eliminate those as well (goodbye Vince Young, Tim Tebow, and Cam Newton)

Here's what we're left with:

2004: USC passed more than they ran (Leinart did not have 49 designed runs)
    2005 Florida passed more than they ran (Leak did not have 77 designed runs)
    2013: FSU passed more than they ran (Winston did not have 57 designed runs)

Additionally, you're basing your stats off of the LAST 10 years. That doesn't matter. What matters is what will happen over the NEXT 10 years. Like I said earlier, 30 out of 32 NFL teams pass more than they throw. That's a fairly recent development.

9. Eielson

I'd like to think we have better athletes than ECU.

And since we're talking about ECU vs. VT, I'd like to mention that ECU scored 28 points and beat VT this year. This was one week after VT held tOSU (the one playing in the NC game tonight) to 21 points, and beat them. Those 28 points mark the 3rd highest total any team put up against VT all year.

10. 8timechamps

8timechamps Administrator

Well played.

11. bluedogok

bluedogok SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Most of them probably stayed in a Holiday Inn Express recently.....

12. BoulderSooner79

BoulderSooner79 SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Maybe we could put Riley up at the Holiday Inn Express for a few days so he can catch up with the fans.

13. OkieThunderLion

OkieThunderLion New Member

I'm not thrilled going back to the Leach offense but I just knew Bob wouldn't go to an option attack. He hates having his QBs run.

14. OkieThunderLion

OkieThunderLion New Member

2008 definitely wasn't an Air Raid playbook.

I'd say you'd have to back before Kevin Wilson's days to call OU an Air Raid team. '99-'01.

15. TrophyCollector

TrophyCollector Well-Known Member

Wilson didn't show up until 2002. 99 was the law pirate followed by the big guy.

16. olevetonahill

olevetonahill Well-Known Member

Heh

17. Tear Down This Wall

Tear Down This Wall Well-Known Member

Why would it? In five years at ECU, they couldn't even win the C-USA title.

Yeah, I know...C-USA is crawling with top competition. Tulsa. SMU. Houston. Tulane. A veritable Murderer's Row of college football powers.

That was the top notch competition the kid helped ECU set so many school records against. Can't wait to see that tricky, Leach-inspired C-USA offense against the Big 12.

18. SicEmBaylor

SicEmBaylor Baylor Ambassador

Tulsa just got a 4* dual-threat QB.

19. Sooner in Tampa

Sooner in Tampa SoonerFans.com Elite Member

HAHA...LOVE IT...the guy hasn't called ONE freakin play and he is already a miserable SOB and a horrible hire!!

Petulant OU fans at their finest!!!!!

20. dwarthog

dwarthog Well-Known Member

It's plain for all to see that Bob has consulted with the wrong people with regards to the hiring of this gent.

I'm hopeful all these experts made themselves available for consultation on this matter.

If not, well names are being written down for purposes of accountability in a future "our OC sucks" thread.