1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Dead will Walk again-stsrting tommorrow

Discussion in 'South Oval' started by stoopified, Feb 9, 2013.

1. achiro

achiro SoonerFans.com Elite Member

I think(hope) the sound was suppose to be the gun hitting the floor.

2. KABOOKIE

KABOOKIE SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Yeah, just where exactly is the safety on a Colt Python?

I'm also miffed that the Gov'nah done killed nearly every able bodied person of Woodbury and Rick chooses to take all the old people and babies back to the prison? WTF?

3. BermudaSooner

BermudaSooner Well-Known Member

I thought it was a pretty good finale--although how do you get handcuffs off with pliers? And why are you not working to get out while talking to Milton? Unable to use pliers and talk at the same time? Glad she's dead though.

4. KABOOKIE

That sound effect was definitely the distinct sound a brass casing makes when dropped on a concrete floor.

5. KABOOKIE

Yeah pretty stoopid on her part. Plus, Herschle must be the toughest sum bitch on the planet. He gets his calf bit off and Rick saws through his leg and he's up and walking in a few days. Andrea gets a few layers of skin ripped off her shoulder and has to kill herself.

6. Pricetag

Pricetag SoonerFans.com Elite Member

I get why Rick saved the Woodbury survivors. I think he considers it pretty critical to save his own son (and it also seemed to make ghost Lori go away). I didn't get why they didn't slap up an "under new management" sign at Woodbury, though. They had the place pretty heavily fortified, and it certainly looked more comfortable than the prison. I'd think it would be a much better place to try to pull Carl back a bit from the place he's been headed.

7. Pricetag

Pricetag SoonerFans.com Elite Member

They caught Hershel right when it happened, though. Andrea was already sick when they found her (Michonne: "You're burning up.")

8. achiro

Apparently in walking dead world you CAN cut handcuffs with pliers but NOT with a hacksaw.

9. Fraggle145

Fraggle145 Drunky Town Limnologist

I thought she was just wired to the chair. I wasnt thrilled with the episode. How the **** do you leave the governor alive? I think Darryl has taken Andrea's place from the comics. In the comics she eventually became a bit of a bad ***. That was the best thing that happened was her bitch *** dying. Finally we dont have to listen to her annoying *** anymore. I'm also a bit pissed that theyre at the prison. Again. It is going to be just like the farm... a place to suck up time next season instead of moving the action.

Last edited: Apr 1, 2013
  10. Tulsa_Fireman

Tulsa_Fireman SoonerFans.com Elite Member

But what's the next plot point?

As far as the books go, the group takes it in the can at the prison and a lot of those developments were either abandoned or already used. A big part of the post-prison story is the group scattered to the winds, similar to how they were after the farm. So unless you're all about watching another season of the group roaming the roads and dodging zombies, there needs to be more developments from the prison/Woodbury I'd think.

11. achiro

I wonder if later on The Governor will play the part of Negan instead of bringing in a new character?

12. achiro

I should add that I hope not, the governor needs to die next season.

13. Fraggle145

Fraggle145 Drunky Town Limnologist

In the first ****ing episode.

the next plot point was supposed to be how Carl and Rick learn to adapt to each other. Crazy Lori wasnt supposed to arrive until after the prison. Tyrese was supposed to be in the prison. [spoil]There's a whole nuther town in there that is supposed to get overrun before we get to Negan. Not to mention Morgan's storyline[/spoil]

14. ouwasp

ouwasp New Member

I'm glad to have an element of hope to end the season. Glad Andrea is dead, just wish her death would have meant something...

The massacre was pretty thin; not a single WB soldier got off a shot in response? Also, any scruples that I thought Martinez might have had are out the window. He watches the Gov massacre his own people, has a loaded Mac 10 and a clear shot at TG, yet sheepishly hops in the back of the pickup. He woulda made a good SS trooper. Disappointed he, the Gov, and Shupert are still among the living.

15. stoopified

stoopified SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Okay it doesn't return tommorrow,but it does return Oct 13,which is the day after we put down the Bonghorns.

16. stoopified

stoopified SoonerFans.com Elite Member

OK,now the title is once again accurate.Can't wait for tommorrow to watch .Should be done celebrating yet another W over the Orange Cows.

17. achiro

That episode was weak

18. achiro

And do they have Troma films in charge of special effects now?

19. cleller

cleller SoonerFans.com Elite Member

I doth concur, but at least nothing bad happened to any favorites. Is it me, or do things seem more hopeless and impossible now?

In the earlier episodes, there always seemed to be some hope of finding a place to get free for awhile, like at Hershel's farm. Now, they're stuck in a prison surrounded at all times.
    I'm sure that is the whole premise of the books/show....

Maggie does have some nice legs, though.

20. 8timechamps

8timechamps Administrator

I will concur that the episode was weak. Just too much stuff that didn't really advance the story in my opinion. The whole Rick/crazy woman arc was strange. I thought she was going to be Rick's new love interest at first, then it just spiraled into a strange psychopath story, that did absolutely nothing to add to the story.

I did like the group going to the Army refugee camp, that was a little more like the first couple of season. Otherwise, nothing really interesting.

I'm thinking the group won't be long for the prison, and they'll have to move to another place.