1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Dead will Walk again-stsrting tommorrow

Discussion in 'South Oval' started by stoopified, Feb 9, 2013.

1. I was glad she went back with them..more likely to get killed there..Hopefully.

2. ouleaf

ouleaf New Member

Hard to follow an episode that was as strong as last weeks, so this one was a bit of a let down. I was hoping for a little more heated dialogue between Rick and the Governor.

Will be interesting to see how many Woodbury folks Andrea can get to conspire against the Governor.

3. 8timechamps

8timechamps Administrator

I'm not convinced that the population of Woodbury would go to war for the governor without question. From the looks of things, the majority of the folks in the town are young families and older folks. Not exactly a prototypical army. I know there are some soldier-types, but they're not battle hardened like the prison group, and I'm not sure the soldier-types at Woodbury vastly outnumber the prison group.

I think Andrea is good for the show. I can't stand her, but I think that's part of the interest. Since she was part of the original group, I can't say that I want her to die, but at the same time, I want her to die. Well played writers.

How many opportunities have there already been for someone to put the governor down? Quite a few. What's the hold up? Andrea now knows everything that the governor has done, yet she couldn't find it in herself to stab his neck?! She's ten different kinds of crazy.

I agree with ouleaf, it was a good episode, but not as good as the previous week. Then again, that may have been the best episode of the series.

4. ouleaf

ouleaf New Member

Oh there have been plenty of opportunities for the Governor to be killed off, but there are still 3 more episodes in the season. However, with the main story line of the this season being the Governor, the writers have to string things along until a big battle at the end of the season.

5. tator

tator New Member

They've also been pimping their soundtrack like crazy. If nothing else, it might help you find some songs you want from the show.

http://www.amazon.com/Walking-Dead-...86649&sr=1-1&keywords=walking+dead+soundtrack

6. cleller

cleller SoonerFans.com Elite Member

So Andrea runs off into the post-zombie apocalypse wilderness, but the Gov is twice able to drive up and find her in a truck that's as loud as a jet fuel dragster?

Logically, she has already given up her gun, so she runs indoors instead of into the woods to hide. When she then manages to unleash what looks like certain doom on the Gov, she doesn't even stay to see what happens?

No wonder everyone hates Andrea, the writers leave us no choice.

Last edited: Mar 17, 2013
  7. ouleaf

ouleaf New Member

Glad they devoted the whole episode to the goings on at Woodbury of the Governor, Andrea, Milton and also Tyrese. Still not sure where Tyrese lies in all of this. He still seems skeptical and will be interesting to see what his character and their small group does as they are outsiders on the inside of Woodbury.

I'm guessing it was Milton that set the Walkers on fire but part of me was hoping it was Morgan. Still wondering why he stopped Andrea from shooting the Governor while he was in his torture chamber.

8. Pricetag

Pricetag SoonerFans.com Elite Member

I think Milton didn't let Andrea kill The Governor because he knew it meant certain death for her, too (and probably him as well).

I was surprised to see Milton survive this episode. The Governor is kinda turning into a Bond villain. He knows what the threats are, but chooses to do other things besides end them right away. I know it would have been a pretty cheap death, but I was hoping his head would pop up into Rick's sights there at the end.

Gawd, I hate that dude in Tyrese's group. Loved seeing Tyrese put him in his place.

How cool would it be if it was Morgan who burnt up the walkers? It was definitely his MO, and it never occurred to me. I'd love to see him again. I can't remember if Rick mentioned the town by name to him. If so, it'd be easy enough for him to find.

What the heck are those spinning mechanical things by the walker pit?

I thought we were going to see zombified Andrea there at the end. It would have been a perfectly twisted move for The Governor to leave her there for Rick's folks to discover at their fence. Of course, it would have killed any chance of Rick actually delivering Michonne and walking into his trap.

9. achiro

achiro SoonerFans.com Elite Member

The mechanical things are noise makers to attract walkers to fall into the pit.

10. Pricetag

Pricetag SoonerFans.com Elite Member

That makes sense. I kept getting stuck on the idea that they were somehow using the walkers to generate electricity, since those things are so funky looking.

11. Jacie

Jacie SoonerFans.com Elite Member

That's an idea, chain a bunch of walkers to a turnstile rigged to generate electricity, practically a perpetual motion machine.

12. ouwasp

ouwasp New Member

That whole Gov-chase-Andrea subplot was so full of baloney...

Why didn't Andrea see if she could steal his truck? Or get a rifle out of there and pop the gov when/if he emerged? Or at least flatten a tire or two? And the Gov is able to get within arm's reach of Andrea and grab her without getting stabbed, unlike maybe a dozen other walkers? How far off did he have to park that extra loud truck? And then able to get her quietly back to the far-off truck w/o attracting attention from Rick or a buncha walkers?

Well, it is a Zombie Apocalypse, so I suppose anything is theoretically possible. But that that capture of Andrea was so thin as to be stupid.

13. achiro

achiro SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Agreed, the idea that one guy driving around in a loud truck can find someone on foot is stupid enough but both ending up in that warehouse was beyond belief...unlike dead people walking around biting the living. ;)

14. If the Governor would have killed her, I would have had my "Re-elect the Governor" shirt made up...He still has a chance.

15. SoonerBBall

SoonerBBall Well-Known Member

My favorite part was how she magically kicked over a bucket full of metal (nuts and bolts or something?) and even thought he was inside of a running truck, he magically heard that and was able to pinpoint which one of the MANY GODDAMN BUILDINGS ALL AROUND she was in.

16. BigTip

BigTip Well-Known Member

They should have had the truck surrounded with zombies as a reason for her not to use it as a resource. Come'on, all the humans are good at knowing how to get resources. Weapon, food, water (all that running!), all sorts of things would be in that truck, even if the keys weren't in it. My whole family said, "That's stupid" when she didn't go to the truck.

17. colleyvillesooner

colleyvillesooner SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Good episode tonight. Basically a full Woodbury episode followed by a full prison episode. Last scene was sad but inevitable. Glad he went out like a champ. Fitting the governor didn't shoot him in the head, letting him change for his brother to find.

Can't wait for next week. The symbolism of Easter being the last episode of a show about the raising of the dead is not a coincidence. ;)

18. cleller

cleller SoonerFans.com Elite Member

The only problem being the Hollywood "veil of invincibility" around the Gov. Of course Merle could not shoot him, then the Gov is able to beat Merle to a pulp? Hardly.

19. yermom

yermom Stayatworkdad

well, with 3 other dudes kicking him first

20. Tulsa_Fireman

Tulsa_Fireman SoonerFans.com Elite Member

That never even crossed my mind. Nice catch.

On the episode though, there's no way in hell this ends well. No way. Maybe they abandon the prison and that's the angle. Maybe they decide to take the fight to Woodbury and go out all Superfly TNT. But either way, the sad truth is that the only way the story advances, the only way they avoid another "farm" season is for the group to lose the prison.

Curious as to where it goes next. Comic book-wise, things get really disjointed and scattered after the Woodbury and the Prison survivors clash. I just can't see how whatever happens after the culmination of this season won't be a letdown compared to the Prison arc.