1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I formally Apologize to Blake Bell He DOES have IT

Discussion in 'Sooner Football' started by olevetonahill, Sep 14, 2013.

1. olevetonahill

olevetonahill Well-Known Member

2. dennis580

dennis580 New Member

We now have a chance to have a really, really great season something we did not have a chance to have with Knight.Certainly can have a good shot at a conference championship. Too early to talk about National Championship.

3. jk the sooner fan

jk the sooner fan loved by all

solid post!!!

i dont think any of us really knew one way or the other - but the surprise today has been a great one!

4. okiewaker

okiewaker New Member

I think I gotta do the same Vet. Hell,,I got ate up by thinking Knigjt was gonna be sumptim special,,,maybe he will be but Bell is playing well.

5. King Crimson

King Crimson SoonerFans.com Elite Member

i am happy for Blake's success but this is a team that got waxed by Bowling Green. I like TU for the most part and hard not to pull for JC's kid a little (not 77 yard punt return pulling....but some)....

but BB looks good. deep ball is a little scattered. we look like we've lost interest a bit the last 5-6 minutes of game time.

6. dennis580

dennis580 New Member

I was the other way around I thought Bell would be something special. Heck everybody thought Bell would start he was even on magazine covers, and made the maxwell watch list(or whatever that award is) without even starting a game

7. En_Fuego

En_Fuego New Member

BB is playing great. I was glad the coaches picked Knight to start, but after today Blake has me doing a complete 180. The kid is a gamer for sure.

It's the defense i owe an apology to. I thought they were solid, but I guess I was wrong. I feel like we have a chance every game on offense, but defense not so much. I hope the D has their sh!t together in 2 weeks.

8. En_Fuego

En_Fuego New Member

Look at that kids numbers......... Those are Bradford type att.com.yards.td.

9. SoonerKnight

SoonerKnight Well-Known Member

Now that is a really stupid statement about the D!!!

10. En_Fuego

En_Fuego New Member

Uh, ok... They haven't missed a tackle yet have they ?

11. SCSoonerfan

SCSoonerfan New Member

Im cautiously optimistic. Yes BB had a fantastic day against Tulsa and hopefully gained a ton of confidence. I do however, reserve judgement until he faces a little more difficult competition.

12. SoonerMarkVA

SoonerMarkVA New Member

+1

Nothing less, and nothing more, than need be said.

13. SoonerorLater

SoonerorLater Well-Known Member

Beyond the gaudy stats he had today the thing that impressed me the most was his poise and pretty much mistake free football. He just never looked rattled even when TU was able to apply pressure.

14. Blue

Blue SoonerFans.com Elite Member

D has been awesome all year. We had a few key injuries today but still played well.

15. SicEmBaylor

SicEmBaylor Baylor Ambassador

Just wait until he plays against some actual competition. #whateveryonehassaidaboutpettyforthelasttwoweeks

16. En_Fuego

En_Fuego New Member

Okay, I agree, the D played very well overall today. It just gets on my nerves about the not wrapping up bump tackles. But you see this with most teams anymore. We're 3-0 headed to ND. Boomer Sooner

17. S.PadreIsl.Sooner

S.PadreIsl.Sooner Well-Known Member

I am waiting for the guy who said that the team did not play differently when BB was in to chime in.

BB has the intangibles and the skills! Knew it all along!

18. Temujin

Temujin New Member

I wouldn't say that I thought he would do so well passing, but after watching him execute against WV after Knight went out, I was optimistic about this game. He just seemed to be more decisive. But I doubt anyone really anticipated this passing effort.

My only worry going forward is that we seemed to abandon the run a little. Maybe it was to get Bell in rhythm before ND, but I have to say that was enjoying the way we were overpowering defenses with the run the first 2 games. Just gave me a little nostalgic feeling.

19. BoulderSooner79

BoulderSooner79 SoonerFans.com Elite Member

I think the team would have performed just as well for Knight if Knight had played at this level. But if Knight had been in there, it would have been another poor passing day. Bell saw the same plays as Knight and was throwing to the same guys - he was just making the throws.

20. SoCalBigRed

SoCalBigRed Well-Known Member

I'll join you in a serving of that crow.

I was scared going into this season if the BB we've seen backing up Landry, was to be OUr starter. While, he was effective at his role, we 1) never really saw his arm and 2) his happy feet, when taking any sort of 1 step or more back... his feet were just too jittery.

I felt a little better when I saw video of him, coming into this season and he looked a lot more comfortable with his size and the position. He seemed like a lumbering hulk, last season.

I've always loved his leadership and passion. The guy is a gamer, no doubt. But, doom and gloom I predicted if he was starter.

Him being beat out for the job, didn't inspire any confidence. But wow... when given the chance, he came up huge! He came out from the beginning, looking like the job belonged to and had always been his. Heck, it looked like his 3rd start of the year. Bye week, more reps... we haven't shown much of anything from either defense/offense (packages/combos). We should see even more in South Bend. I just hope the football gods sit on OUr side for once, in this matchup.

BB earned his shot to lead the team up there, however.

Props to Josh calling a great gamelan for BB, also. I was getting worried, there to.

Oh yeah, now the question becomes "if BB is this good... how good must be the freshman that gave him a run for his money?", instead of... "how bad is Blake?"

EDIT: The defense played great. Other than the gift, they were given... most of their points came against a bunch of 2nd stringers. They pointed it out, on the telecast to.