1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I formally Apologize to Blake Bell He DOES have IT

Discussion in 'Sooner Football' started by olevetonahill, Sep 14, 2013.

1. cleller

cleller SoonerFans.com Elite Member

If that was the thow in the north end zone, I noticed on the replay that Clay was also wide open coming across the goal line out of the backfield.
    Guess Clay was further down the list. Great job.

2. BoulderSooner79

BoulderSooner79 SoonerFans.com Elite Member

I think both Shepard TDs were in the same endzone, but I was referring to the 1st, shorter throw. The coverage was pretty tight and Bell fired an accurate dart. The second one was pretty as well. A medium range throw that Shepard leaped for as he crossed in front of the defender. It may have been beginners luck on that one, but it looked like Bell did that "lead the reciever open" thing on that play. Both of those throws were superior to simple "game manager" throws. The only thing Bell did poorly the entire game was float a couple of ducks on long sideline routes. Not something OU has done that much in the LJ years anyway, but I'm glad they are in the game plan. I'm sure Bell can improve on those.

3. Temujin

Temujin New Member

This is what happens when you form an opinion with VERY little to go on. I actually watched Bell's games at Bishop Carroll and it was his passing that stood out. Granted, that doesn't always translate to CFB, but he certainly was no slouch, and the coaching staff continually told us he could throw the ball.

I like Drew Allen and he very well could have done a great job as a starting QB at OU. But the fact is that he was outperformed by Landry AND Bell, and thus he transferred. There's nothing wrong with that, but this retarded poster acts like the coaching staff is flat stupid and that OU fans don't have a clue about football...ok, so some of them don't, but I'd wager on OU fans football knowledge over a few 'tards at Syracuse.

4. Eielson

Eielson SoonerFans.com Elite Member

What were his passing stats coming into the year?

5. olevetonahill

olevetonahill Well-Known Member

succ