1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Austin Box prayers

Discussion in 'Sooner Football' started by oumartin, May 19, 2011.

1. oudavid1

oudavid1 @DavidLeake

An OU coaches polo? That bothers you? The only reason this thread is even in front of your eyes and this death has tragically touched us all is for one reasons, the same reason we(me included) shell out hundreds and hundreds of dollars, stress, talk, eat, breath over. Austin wanted to be a Sooner his whole life. I am dam sure he didnt mind one bit.

Oh, and if you want to see lack of respect, go to shaggybevo.com and look at some of those pictures. I wont even post them in this thread because, yes, even I have standards.

birddog likes this.
  2. SoonerofAlabama

SoonerofAlabama Actual Poor Student

Thank you oudavid. You shouldn't worry about what a kid is wearing to a funeral service. being there is enough and I am sure that the person being there is enough for the Box family.

3. Collier11

Collier11 SoonerFans.com Elite Member

and I dont even know why I looked, those people who are dogging Box are worthless in life, dont know why I wasted my time. There will always be jackasses, tex fans or not, unbelievable how some people have no conscience

4. oudavid1

oudavid1 @DavidLeake

To be honest, I really shouldn't have brought it up in this thread. That was a mistake.

5. Collier11

Collier11 SoonerFans.com Elite Member

its the same on ESPN threads, I dont know why I even look...too many worthless people to waste my time

6. Chiliman

Chiliman New Member

The young woman who wore the white jersey is a longtime family friend. Her parents and Austin's parents have been close friends for 20 years. Their children are all close to the same age. She wore his actual Sun Bowl jersey out of respect and love for life long friend. I have no doubt Craig and Gail loved the fact she wanted to wear Austin's jersey.

The woman who wore the red jersey is also a long time family friend and a huge OU fan. Her husband was a 4 time All American wrestler @ OU in the early 70's and a National Champion when OU won the wrestling championship in '73 or '74. It is my understanding that her oldest daughter and Courtney Box graduated from Enid High together and were freshman roomates @ OU.
    This woman also apparently spent all week with the Boxes in their home helping with all the family, friends, flowers and food delivered to the home all week. This woman loved Austin like her own son.

7. picasso

picasso SoonerFans.com Elite Member

It's a shame a doosh like you ruined this thread.

8. StoopTroup

StoopTroup New Member

He's gone (cdlbbd)....let it go....

I haven't been able to look at the Best of Austin Videos yet and now we've seemingly lost Brandon....

Anyway...I just want to thank everyone who have left nice responses about Austin....

I hope he's not suffering anymore and rooting his Team mates to be all they can be as we head into this Season. He was a huge part of our winning last year and is already missed...

God Bless the Box Family....

9. tulsaoilerfan

tulsaoilerfan Ready for Baseball Season

Austin Box gave everything he had to the University of Oklahoma; RIP Austin u will definitely be missed for years to come

10. birddog

birddog SoonerFans.com Elite Member

arsehorns need to wory about themselves. all their players prolly smoke crack but they haven't passed yet. as oklahomans we overcome tragedy better than anyone other place.

RIP Austin.

11. BigJerm7

BigJerm7 New Member

Says who? It ain't the 50's anymore. Pretty sure his family could care less what anybody wore.

12. SoonerofAlabama

SoonerofAlabama Actual Poor Student

Prayers once again for Austin Box's family and friends.

13. Loco

Loco New Member

Hope his family and friends are comforted in there time of need....

14. soonerloyal

soonerloyal New Member

For heaven's sake...I just realized that I lived next door to Craig and sister Cathy in Altus. Cathy was a good friend of mine. I feel like I've been punched in the gut again - I had no idea Austin was his son. Doesn't really change much I suppose, except to feel the pain for those who love Austin even more deeply in my heart. Damn.

Rest in peace and love, Austin.

15. OutlandTrophy

OutlandTrophy New Member

16. stevo

stevo New Member

drugs are bad, mmmkay?

17. StoopTroup

StoopTroup New Member

Small World huh.

Nice words.

18. Section 9

Section 9 New Member

It is so sad to see Austin's helmet sitting out on the field. I am happy that
    Travis is honoring Austin, but it sort of takes your breath away when you
    see it sitting there.

19. 3rdgensooner

3rdgensooner What?

20. Chiliman

Chiliman New Member

Oh my God. That is so damn sad. Rest in peace Big Boy.