1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What's more important - Soul Salvation or Soul Development?

Discussion in 'South Oval' started by Shakadoodoo, Jan 25, 2011.

1. Shakadoodoo

Shakadoodoo New Member

I'm doing a paper over this topic and could use some input. Which do you think is more important Soul Salvation or Soul Development. My professor thinks we have wasted 2000 years on Soul Salvation and Blind Faith instead of developing our soul. Me personally - I think they go hand in hand. I'm not here to debate - I just want to see others opinion. It would help me with my paper!

2. FirstandGoal

FirstandGoal New Member

Just a question to help clarify your question. What parameters are you and your professor using to define salvation and development?

3. OUmillenium

OUmillenium New Member

In the end soul salvation is more important, during the process of life soul development is more important.

4. JohnnyMack

JohnnyMack SoonerFans.com Elite Member

What's a soul?

5. Caboose

Caboose New Member

What class is this? How is a soul defined?

6. dwarthog

dwarthog Well-Known Member

Nothing like getting your homework done on the internet! ;)

7. Shakadoodoo

Shakadoodoo New Member

Should people cling to religion and "blind faith" and just believe because someone told you to do so or should you go and search for the truth and develop ones mind to understanding how and why they are what they are.... Like ancient Africans used to say "Know Thy Self, and then you will know God."

8. Shakadoodoo

Shakadoodoo New Member

I have always thought of it as the electricity/energy in your body that makes you heart pump which can not be created or destroyed.

9. Shakadoodoo

Shakadoodoo New Member

I'm just getting input to do the homework but I would not mind finding someone to write the 12 page paper for me! Those damn plagiarism checker have messed everything up.. lol You have to really write your papers now!

10. Shakadoodoo

Shakadoodoo New Member

Its a Humanities class - the history of spirituality and religion. I need 10 more hrs to get may masters and it sounded like an interesting class.

11. jumperstop

jumperstop New Member

Ahh the days of writting papers. As a history major I wrote a ton.

12. Ike

Ike party pooper

This makes absolutely no sense.

13. SpankyNek

SpankyNek New Member

Are you having to work with the premise that they are mutually exclusive?

For example, are you able to entertain that soul development can still occur after life on earth has expired? (Salvation achieved, development in progress)

or eastern philosophies that only though soul development can salvation (enlightenment) be achieved?

14. Shakadoodoo

Shakadoodoo New Member

Like I said - I'm no here to debate - just get input - There are many definitions for soul - choose the one you like - And if you think there is no such thing as a soul - go with that - It matters none to me - I'm not trying to be right or wrong - just trying to grow - and write this paper.

Last edited: Jan 25, 2011
  15. NormanPride

NormanPride SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Maybe the quantum state of the neurons in your brain?

16. Shakadoodoo

Shakadoodoo New Member

I can write it from what premise I want to but I lean towards "only though soul development can salvation (enlightenment) be achieved"

17. Jammin'

Jammin' Well-Known Member

Soul Survivor > Soul Development > Soul Salvation

YW.

18. JohnnyMack

JohnnyMack SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Soul Calibur FTW!

19. AlboSooner

AlboSooner New Member

The go hand in hand, if we are talking about Christianity.

20. SpankyNek

SpankyNek New Member

Just as a devil's advocate (irony) here...would a Christian philosopher believe he had achieved full development of his soul by merely accepting Christ as his savior (The Christian requirement for Salvation)?

AlbqSooner likes this.