1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Coaches and expectations

Discussion in 'Sooner Football' started by Jacie, Aug 8, 2017.

1. Jacie

Jacie SoonerFans.com Elite Member

We have OUr new guy, taking over with a two-time Heisman finalist, a veteran O-line, what should be a decent (by Big XII standards) defense, but a lot of questions as to RB and WR's. And all we want is a spot in the playoffs. Right. I think winning the conference is no sure thing this year, given that he will face the best aggie team Gundy has put together.

Gundy, this is supposed to be The Year.

Harbaugh, so many headlines and not one B1G title. He is supposed to be one of the best, time to rise beyond the hype and deliver.

Swinney, you did it, beat bama. Is there any gas left in the tank?

Herman, no pressure, not really. If he can go 6-6 he will best Strong and anything beyond that is icing on the cake. Now NEXT year is another story. Wait, haven't the whorns been saying that since Mack left?

Saban, any bowl that doesn't lead to a NC is a letdown.

Meyer, time to shake off last year's playoff beat down and deny Saban another trophy. Oh, don't look past that game with OU . . .

Sumlin begins the 2017 Farewell Tour.

Helton, will his sensational QB deliver 11+ wins and a playoff spot or was 6-6 and the real Clay?

Strong, right where he belongs.

2. mjhurani

mjhurani Member

My comments in Blue

We have OUr new guy, taking over with a two-time Heisman finalist, a veteran O-line, what should be a decent (by Big XII standards) defense, but a lot of questions as to RB and WR's. And all we want is a spot in the playoffs. Right. I think winning the conference is no sure thing this year, given that he will face the best aggie team Gundy has put together. I am also extremely concerned about our skill positions outside of Baker M.

Gundy, this is supposed to be The Year. We'll see about that. Very high expectations means a major bullseye on their backs.

Harbaugh, so many headlines and not one B1G title. He is supposed to be one of the best, time to rise beyond the hype and deliver. Only 5-6 returning starters this year. He's only been Michigan coach for 2 seasons and that is an extremely tough conference now. I say give him at least 2 more seasons (this and next year) to get all of his guys in there and get it done. After the first 4 years, the expectations are huge because it's all of your own guys you recruited that are in there.

Swinney, you did it, beat bama. Is there any gas left in the tank? So much tougher to stay at the top than to get there. I think there will be very, very tough sledding the next two to three years.

Herman, no pressure, not really. If he can go 6-6 he will best Strong and anything beyond that is icing on the cake. Now NEXT year is another story. Wait, haven't the whorns been saying that since Mack left?
    I despise the school but love the hire. I think Herman will do amazing things there and bring them back to national prominence within the first 3 seasons.

Saban, any bowl that doesn't lead to a NC is a letdown. True.

Meyer, time to shake off last year's playoff beat down and deny Saban another trophy. Oh, don't look past that game with OU . . . I am extremely worried about OUr trip to the Shoe. They are loaded again.

Sumlin begins the 2017 Farewell Tour. Agree.

Helton, will his sensational QB deliver 11+ wins and a playoff spot or was 6-6 and the real Clay? See comments about Gundy above. Major bullseye on USC and Helton's back. I predict they lose at least 2 games before the bowl and disappoint the pundits and fans who are anointing them.

Strong, right where he belongs. Much, much better coach than he showed at tex-ASSS. Give him 3 seasons at USF and he'll get another offer at a big time school. My feeling.