1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Delusions of grandeur

Discussion in 'Sooner Football' started by Jacie, Jan 21, 2017.

1. Jacie

Jacie SoonerFans.com Elite Member

The arrogance that emanates from Austin cannot fathom how all their money is not enough to hire any coach they desire. I read many posts on sa*et boards about how they would secure Nick Saban to replace Mack Brown. We all know how that turned out. Here are words from the man himself.

Saban later revealed in July 2015 that his agent, Jimmy Sexton, called him “about 15 times” about the Texas job.

“I have an agent [Jimmy Sexton], which most coaches have, and when somebody is interested in you, they call your agent, which they did,” Saban said. “The agent calls you, and you tell the agent, ‘I’m interested’ or ‘I’m not interested.’ So [Sexton] called me about 15 times about Texas, and every time he called I said, ‘I’m not interested in talking to them, and I never will be.’ That’s the story. He did his job, I did my job.”

2. swardboy

swardboy SoonerFans.com Elite Member

After Herbstreit's rant about what a terrible place Texas was for a coach, I'm surprised Herman still wound up there....or anyone for that matter. Texas boosters never fail to screw up any coaching regime with their arrogance.