1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

RIP SicEm

Discussion in 'TrumpFest 2016' started by yermom, Jan 24, 2016.

1. Boomer.....

Boomer..... .....Sooner!

2. olevetonahill

olevetonahill Well-Known Member

3. TheHumanAlphabet

TheHumanAlphabet SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Thanks for the link. I did not know he was a WWII history buff, I wish I knew that. I would have liked to have talked to him about that as my father landed on Omaha Beach (Dog sector?, I think...) in his LST.

4. jiminy

jiminy Member

"... love for politics became his carrier as a political consultant ..."
    "... preceded in death by his material grandfather ..."

Who writes these things? I guess they do them on cell phones now?

Sicem would be furious

5. RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone! SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Dude might be the only person you will ever know in your lifetime named Froston.

6. jkjsooner

jkjsooner New Member

I noticed that as well.

And Baylor facility instead of faculty.

7. TAFBSooner

TAFBSooner Well-Known Member

One of the great regrets of my life is not learning more from my dad about his time in the Navy in WWII. I've since learned that reticence about those experiences is common among those who served.

Much respect to your father for his service.

TheHumanAlphabet likes this.
  8. SCOUT

SCOUT SoonerFans.com Elite Member

I am so sorry to hear of his passing. He was a good man and someone that I respected. Peace be with you SicEm

9. TheHumanAlphabet

TheHumanAlphabet SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Thanks much! He would never speak of his time there or in the Pacific theater. He would speak of his duties (he was a Yeoman and the ship's Paymaster, his battle station was a twin 50-cal.), they had tanks and trucks they off loaded on the first landing and after that they ferried supplies to France and German prisoners and wounded back to the UK. Pretty much sums up what he told us. All of his friends that I got to know were the same way, never spoke about it, something they had to do.