1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Does anyone really think Stoops...

Discussion in 'Sooner Football' started by ObiKaTony, Jan 8, 2016.

1. Jacie

Jacie SoonerFans.com Elite Member

It could be argued the Big 10 sent their 2nd best team into the playoff or even the 3rd but then the second guessers said that about the Big XII after the OU loss.

But as bad as I wanted a win last week, I am happy with OUr season and will wear my 2015 Big XII Champions shirt with pride.

CincySooner likes this.
  2. SoonerorLater

SoonerorLater Well-Known Member

Why? Our defense was much improved this year. It wasn't just improved it was good. Last night Alabama gave up more points to Clemson than OU did and we all hear what incredible talent Alabama has. We gave up 17 points to Tennessee in regulation Alabama gave up 14 points. So based on our two common opponents the OU defense and the Alabama defense performed about the same.

3. jkm  the stolen pifwafwi

jkm the stolen pifwafwi SoonerFans.com Elite Member

We seriously need to upgrade at linebacker. We've slowly improved since BV left and our linebackers are now "productive", but what we need to defensively turn the corner is for them to be "dominating". We basically need to be able to cut loose our DL and know that the linebackers will clean it up if it goes south.

4. CincySooner

CincySooner Active Member

Then it sounds like you and OkibaTony can go play golf together on Saturdays next fall. I'll be in front of the TV.

BoulderSooner79 likes this.
  5. CincySooner

How fortunate for you that your family is able to donate so much money to their favorite athletic program. I feel much better knowing that about you.

6. dwarthog

dwarthog Well-Known Member

We seemed to have recruited better the last couple of years in the LB area. Got a couple of kids with some potential it looks like anyway.

Have you heard anything with regards to how they are coming along in the program?

7. olevetonahill

olevetonahill Well-Known Member

Heh, The boy dint say "HIM and his family" He said "His family" Granpa was a b8 ref and daddy was a rasler and bubby (What ever the **** that is ) was a tiddly winks player er some silly ****! Who scrapes teeth.

8. SoonerMarkVA

SoonerMarkVA New Member

Yeah, that's what I was wondering. Seems like Bolton, DeBerry, and Hulk are an upgrade in size, if nothing else.

9. SoonerorLater

SoonerorLater Well-Known Member

Yeah and all of this is after an 11-2 year. Apparently 14-0 is the new requirement around here........and we have to look good doing it.

10. dwarthog

dwarthog Well-Known Member

Here is what the roster shows for LB's today. We know which ones are leaving.

[​IMG]

Looking at 2016 recruiting class on 247 which shows us with 15 "hard commits" there are two LB's on the list.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2016
  11. Tear Down This Wall

Tear Down This Wall Well-Known Member

I'm a 22 year season ticket holder; so, I'll be at the games. Try again.

12. SoonerMarkVA

SoonerMarkVA New Member

Interesting. I thought Bolton was bigger than that.

13. CincySooner

They probably complained that OU didn't have enough offense after the 2001 Orange Bowl also :)

14. BoulderSooner79

BoulderSooner79 SoonerFans.com Elite Member

No, that was back in the era of defense. They complained about the safety on the failed punt and losing the shutout ;)

15. CincySooner

sounds like your wallet has more influence than your words

16. Tear Down This Wall

Tear Down This Wall Well-Known Member

This. The Stoops that cared more about defense than offense is long gone. Within two seasons he had a roster full of John Blake recruits breathing fire on defense. No more.

His groups these days talk a lot, call themselves sharks, and all sorts of other stupid things. But, they pale greatly in comparison to the 2000 and 2001 defenses.

17. ddub0224

ddub0224 Active Member

Is this the start of a fire Mike Stoops and hire John Blake thread?

18. SoonerMarkVA

SoonerMarkVA New Member

I sure hope so. We need to bring back the excitement of the coach's show when Blake was here.

"Steven Parker ... Jenks, OK ... good job."

19. Eielson

Eielson SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Top 5

20. BoulderSooner79

BoulderSooner79 SoonerFans.com Elite Member

That was intended as a joke. You know - the 'ol people will complain even if they are hanged by a new rope bit?