1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

***** NCG: Tide v Tigers Game Thread *****

Discussion in 'Sooner Football' started by winout, Jan 11, 2016.

1. winout

winout New Member

Anyone watching tonight? I'm pulling for Clemson even if the Tide is my 3rd favorite team. I think they have a chance.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2016
  2. Soonerjeepman

Soonerjeepman SoonerFans.com Elite Member

after our game I was pulling for Bama...and dabio or whatever his name is sounds like an a$$...

then the more I think about it...I'd hate to see bama get ANOTHER nc...

3. SoonerMarkVA

SoonerMarkVA New Member

Yeah, as much as I prefer 'Bama as a program over Clemson (and it's a lot) it makes our loss look better if Clemson wins (especially if they win decisively) and 'Bama is already out ahead by enough in national titles. Don't need to extend the lead. So I have to very unenthusiastically hope for a Clemson win. The only actually bright spot to a Clemson win is Venables.

4. East Coast Bias

East Coast Bias Active Member

I am torn on this one, don't like either team. Clemson's arrogance and the Dabo crap make me want to root for Bama.

5. winout

winout New Member

Two heavyweights going at it. Good game. By crowd reaction at the restaurant I was at seems Oregonian pulling for the Tigers.

6. jkm  the stolen pifwafwi

jkm the stolen pifwafwi SoonerFans.com Elite Member

That is unpossible, I just read on the Stoops thread that the ACC is noncompetitive with other foosball leagues.

7. BoulderSooner79

BoulderSooner79 SoonerFans.com Elite Member

I keep expecting Watson to get hurt and the game will be over (it's 21-17 right now). Bama got away with 2 blatant PI calls - one of them just like the one Clemson got away with against us on Westbrook.

8. SoonerMarkVA

SoonerMarkVA New Member

Yup. Getting sick of it. Worst was Herbie talking about what a great play it was when the DB never even looked back *and* hit the arm before the ball arrived.

It's also interesting how Clemson looks to be getting beat up the way we did against them. Let's see how the fare going into the 4th if they start losing some key players.

9. BoulderSooner79

For the most part they are - but Clemson and FSU have as many studs as any team in the country. But 2 teams with elite talent define a pretty good conference.

10. SoonernAR

SoonernAR New Member

I thought our performance against Clemson was poor, maybe "they" are that good after all. Still a hard pill to swallow to get so close.

11. winout

winout New Member

24-21 Tigers ; end of 3rd.

12. BoulderSooner79

They just put up a graphic that Clemson has won 51 in a row when entering the 4th qtr. with a lead. We all know what that means...

Clemson is DOOMED !

13. SoonerForLife92

SoonerForLife92 New Member

Yeah they really need to change the rules where a flag can be thrown after reviewing the play in my opinion. Kind of ironic and funny considering all the missed PI on us. But alas... I'm actually rooting for these stupid arrogant f***s

14. Jacie

Jacie SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Trick play, bama!

15. Since71ASooner4Life

Since71ASooner4Life Active Member

kicker was off sides with left foot - why didnt they call that?

16. winout

winout New Member

38-33 Bama, 4 mins left.

17. Eielson

Eielson SoonerFans.com Elite Member

That was an ugly looking play. If that's what puts it away, that's such an unfortunate way to go down.

18. winout

winout New Member

Special teams, giving up the onside kick and ko return killed them.

19. BoulderSooner79

Clemson fans should find the ESPN doosh that put up that graphic and shoot out his porch light.