1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

O-line sucks

Discussion in 'Sooner Football' started by ObiKaTony, Dec 31, 2015.

1. ObiKaTony

ObiKaTony New Member

That is all

2. BoulderSooner79

BoulderSooner79 SoonerFans.com Elite Member

They don't suck, but they were the weak link. Did it take you 13 games to notice?

3. FaninAma

FaninAma SoonerFans.com Elite Member

They did tonight and we missed Walker a bunch on defense.

4. FaninAma

For those who said getting sent to the Orange Bowl was no big deal: I think this game showed how fos you were. I am sitting here watching the MSU and Alabama games with their statute like QBs and it became pretty obvious how much of a better matchup either team would have been for us. I will smile when Watson gets hurt again on a designed run....and he will get hurt again.

5. SoonernAR

SoonernAR New Member

Lincoln Riley's stock took a plunge tonight but this game reminded me of the Texas loss. We got out-physicaled on both sides of the ball.

6. winout

winout New Member

aTm got any dissatisfied 5-star OTs?

7. Okie35

Okie35 SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Clemson will win out. You should never wish injury on anyone even if you dislike them. Haha that's pretty mean.

8. BoulderSooner79

Winnah!!

9. BoulderSooner79

You do realize that no one on this board had any say in the final rankings?

10. BoulderSooner79

But more seriously, I think we'll be fine at OT after another off season conditioning. We need to be more physical on the interior OL and I think we have some studs in the stable. We'll see.

11. SoonerMarkVA

SoonerMarkVA New Member

YES. Big time for the defense.

Once Perine, and especially then Mixon, went down, I knew right then we were done because there was no way we were going to have consistent success as a one-dimensional team. So the O's performance was a bit different than whorn, although clearly Mayfield picked a really bad day to have an off day. But the defense--gah, it was so ugly, missing tackles, failing to wrap up, bad angles, and looking like they were in slow motion. Mike laid a major egg.

12. ObiKaTony

ObiKaTony New Member

The defense was out there for 90
    Freakin plays. This is the big 12 scorer more than 19
    Fuc$ing points

13. aurorasooner

aurorasooner Well-Known Member

What sucks even worse than OL tonight was our coaches buying into all that press chatter that these guys had turned the corner this year and were elite, when in-fact they're just average at best.
    We've done it all year offensively with Xs/Os, trap blocking and such and the X's/Os were sort of blah today until we fell 3 TDs behind. I think the HT score fooled our coaches and they didn't make any adjustments to the game-plan, did more of the same, and the Clemson staff chewed azz during HT and lit a fire under their players.
    11-2 is good year, but I do think that some that is skewed by us playing 3 good teams down the stretch with their starting QBs out/hurt, as well as BMs play and winning the TO battles.
    With what I saw in the bowl games from Houston as well as Baylor, our staff better buckle-up or next year's record could easily be the same as last years especially with the Bucs on the schedule.

14. FaninAma

WTF? What does your statement have to do with anything I said? I merely was pointing out that those who thought it was no big deal that we got dropped to the 4th seed and shipped out to play Clemson were wrong.

15. Okie35

You say Buckeyes but that Houston game won't be easy either.

16. FaninAma

I think Venables understands how stubborn the Stoops brothers are and that they would not change their game plans. Did we ever stack the box on defense?

Last edited: Dec 31, 2015
  17. Okie35

Doesn't matter now and you're right

the only close game in this "bull**** 6" will be this one the rest wont be close ...

18. Okie35

Not really, no

19. BoulderSooner79

I just recall you being obsessed about JLEW being happy about getting a 4th seed even though his emotions are irrelevant. As far as people being right or wrong about the Orange Bowl being a better destination - there's no to know since we can't back up and replay history. We do now know our O-line couldn't handle the Clemson D-line and my opinion is we couldn't handle MSU's or Bama's either, but we'll never know. OU played the hand they were dealt and unfortunately, the better team won today.

20. SoonerMarkVA

SoonerMarkVA New Member

Yeah, because they couldn't get off the field. They were playing like garbage long before fatigue set in.