1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

#1 football/basketball

Discussion in 'Sooner Football' started by swardboy, Dec 15, 2015.

1. swardboy

swardboy SoonerFans.com Elite Member

I don't pay much attention to college basketball until March Madness, but couldn't help noticing we're AP's #3 basketball team. Just daydreaming about a national championship in both football and basketball this school year. Has that ever happened anywhere? Oh, and how does the baseball team's prospects look?

Don't talk to me about 'rasslin'.

2. delhalew

delhalew SoonerFans.com Elite Member

I think Florida did that. Maybe in 08/09 when they beat us for the championship.

3. SoonerMarkVA

SoonerMarkVA New Member

Yup. UF.

We were so close in 87/88.

4. manateepower

manateepower Member

Florida did it in 2007, and also happened to beat Ohio State in both title games.

5. SoonerStormchaser

SoonerStormchaser Emma's Daddy!

Listening to the anguish of Ohio State fans back then was AWESOME...of course, listening to their anguish at ANY time is awesome.

6. badger

badger Vacuums eat while yelling

UConn also won both WBB and MBB titles in the same season, so that's also already been done, sadly, but OU came close in the early aughts to accomplishing that feat as well.

National championships are tough in the revenue sports... all college sports, really. Especially the revenue ones.

7. Soonerjeepman

Soonerjeepman SoonerFans.com Elite Member

well, we can claim OU was the FIRST to even have a shot at it! lol

8. BigTip

BigTip Well-Known Member

EVERYONE has a shot at it...at the beginning of the seasons.

[​IMG]

9. yermom

yermom Stayatworkdad

They went back to back in 2006 and 2007

Their BCS bowl attendance was similar to ours at the time, only they were winning their Fiesta Bowls