1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The big 12 has to do something about these bowl matchups

Discussion in 'Sooner Football' started by jkm the stolen pifwafwi, Dec 6, 2015.

1. jkm  the stolen pifwafwi

jkm the stolen pifwafwi SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Outside of OU, I wouldn't be surprised if we are double digit dogs in every game.

UNC vs Baylor
    LSU vs TTech
    Ole Miss vs OSU
    Ark vs KState
    ASU vs WVU
    Oregon vs TCU

2. BoulderSooner79

BoulderSooner79 SoonerFans.com Elite Member

I agree, it looks kinda grim. I do like the match-ups for Baylor and TCU, so at least next 2 best b12 teams may come out okay. TCU is supposed to have Doctson back and Boykin should be 100% by then. Baylor needs Stidham back and they need Coleman to care now that he has declared - they are more iffy. Not say either of those teams win, but should be competitive games if they play well.

My biggest fear is that Fournette may break Perine's single game record against the fierce Tech defense. :(

3. Eielson

Eielson SoonerFans.com Elite Member

As long as the QB's are healthy, I think the Big XII will be fine.

4. Okie35

Okie35 SoonerFans.com Elite Member

I don't see a problem. Sure they may be dogs but the game isn't played on paper. Arkansas runs like hell yet Tech beat them this year. You give teams time to prepare and you'll never know the outcome.

5. yermom

yermom Stayatworkdad

How are there 3 SEC teams?

Part of the problem is that with OU in the playoffs, everyone notches up one.

OSU played about their heads all year and now he's a BCS game. They went 1-2 at home against the toughest teams they played. Ole Miss should be interesting in their back yard

6. BoulderSooner79

I'm not worried about LSU beating Tech; I'm worried about Fournette beating Perines rushing record. :D

7. BigTip

BigTip Well-Known Member

That made me actually laugh out loud

8. Breadburner

Breadburner Well-Known Member

Poke in trouble.....

9. olevetonahill

olevetonahill Well-Known Member

osEwe is 6.5 dogs , only one posted at the the site I use,

10. SoonerMarkVA

SoonerMarkVA New Member

Only one that really looks bad to me is LSU/Tech.

11. tycat947

tycat947 New Member

The bowls outside of playoff are absolutely worthless! They need to expand playoff to 8/16 teams and reduce the bowl games from 40 to about 20. It's just an advertising gig for these unheard of companies which pays these bowl committee execs lots of money for a game no one attends or watches on TV. No other team game (high school, college or pro) operate this way. If there weren't money involved for a few, this would have changed years ago.

12. FaninAma

FaninAma SoonerFans.com Elite Member

If TCU can get some players healthy they will beat Oregon. Same for Baylor. I also like WVU's chances.

13. FaninAma

FaninAma SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Agree 100%. It's time they put the antiquated bowl system out of its misery. I bet there are more half-filled stadiums than there are sold-out stadiums in the non-playoff bowls this season.

14. BoulderSooner79

I don't see the problem with poorly attended bowl games. I've yet to be forced to watch or attend and there are plenty of cable channels available so they don't displace other programs.

15. badger

badger Vacuums eat while yelling

If the Big 12's as good as we were all yelling when the Notre Dames and Ohio States of the college football playoff world were crying unworthy at OU, then it's time that everyone steps up and proves it.

The battle of we-like-to-schedule-FCS! It fits them both perfectly and they frankly both deserve each other.

So Tech got to brag all season that they beat Arkansas and now they get to face the "rival" that Arkansas beat for a trophy shaped like a boot? Woot woot.

At least they don't have to face Eli Manning this time? And maybe they'll start their starting quarterback this time?

Don't google KSU's bowl history. It's has more Ls than Kansas' win-loss record this year... oh wait no it doesn't, because their bowl history isn't long enough. Lol

To quote Rice's band, Todd Graham is a d00schbag.

Oregon is not good this year. TCU is better than their two-loss record implies. Hell, they nearly beat us at home, and don't give me that "Trevor trevor trevor" talk. Someone just tell Gary to never go for two early in a game again

So there you go. The only loss I see is Kansas State. Big 12 for the win, win, win, win, win, win, win. That's five wins for the rest of them, and two for us.

Boomerrrrrrrr

16. rock on sooner

rock on sooner SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Hmmm, some good stuff there, Badj. But don't discount the Fighting
    Snyders....the OLD coach can still coach!...

17. Flagstaffsooner

Flagstaffsooner SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Who gives a damn about the XII subspecies?

18. jkm  the stolen pifwafwi

jkm the stolen pifwafwi SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Oregon wasn't good early, but they have been incredibly hot the last 6 games. Remember they beat the trees that were sitting at #6.

19. badger

badger Vacuums eat while yelling

He can also write a good apology letter after OU blows out the mildcats on their home turf

20. BoulderSooner79

I read he was coming back for next season, so he should keep that letter as a template.