1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Just how bad will this season be?

Discussion in 'Sooner Football' started by stoopified, Oct 12, 2015.

1. stoopified

stoopified SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Bob has gone from coaching at a Bud-Barry level ,now he is producing Gibbs level teams. That was not acceptable then and IMHO is not any more so now. Bob has had 6+ years to reverse the slide and has failed to do so, in fact the slide appears to be accelerating.

2. kbsooner21

kbsooner21 New Member

The Baylors... LMFAO!!!!

3. SicEmBaylor

SicEmBaylor Baylor Ambassador

I see nothing wrong with that.

4. olevetonahill

olevetonahill Well-Known Member

YOU wouldnt Moran !

5. kbsooner21

kbsooner21 New Member

Just that his argument is about all this tradition and competing for national championships...

6. SicEmBaylor

SicEmBaylor Baylor Ambassador

I never read anything about tradition or prior national championships in his comment. Neither of which are all that important except to the member institutions. I took his comment to mean the here/now/very recent landscape of college football.

7. manateepower

manateepower Member

Do you even listen to the people you argue with?

8. RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone! SoonerFans.com Elite Member

What has been most exasperating as a fan is that I was hoping Mike Stoops still had defensive coaching excellence in him, like he demonstrated 2000-3003. In his second coming to OU, it just ain't happening. That failure has shone an alarming light on the current state of our coaching.

9. Soonerjeepman

Soonerjeepman SoonerFans.com Elite Member

I'm thinking Bob would rather go down with the ship than fire his brother. Now, he might be able to get him another job somewhere....but he isn't "firing" him.

someone mentioned he'll stay in Norman til his sons graduate hs...what year are they?

10. BoomerMcSooner

BoomerMcSooner New Member

When do you imagine this slide started? 2009 when we went 8-5?

Stoops followed with 4-straight 10+ win seasons (all of them better than any of Gibbs') and a .811 winning percentage. Then he had another 8-5 down year.

Stoops has never had a sustained run of bad seasons like Barry did in '81-'83.

The OU fan base was full of folks that would have gladly traded Switzer for Schnellenberger following the '83 season.

And those folks were more rational than the "fire Stoops" crowd is now based on recent performance history.

11. SoonerorLater

SoonerorLater Well-Known Member

No. On SF I read what they say.

12. aurorasooner

aurorasooner Well-Known Member

If we don't win Saturday, then it may be a toss-up which team has the most wins, us or the Whorns. It's just hard to believe that the dumpster-fire we were all talking about down in Austin, might actually be just a little north of Lindsay St.

BTW, I don't think the Whorns are any good at all, and we just completely screwed the pooch last Saturday. They may only get one more W against Kansas and ISU may whoop them.

13. Rock Hard Corn Frog

Rock Hard Corn Frog New Member

Texas isn't going to a bowl. We were their bowl.

14. BoulderSooner79

BoulderSooner79 SoonerFans.com Elite Member

The horns going to a bowl is a possibility. They have already played TCU,OSU and OU and they will lose to BU. They would need to win 4 or the other 5 - not an easy task, but it could happen.

15. cvsooner

cvsooner Well-Known Member

Freshmen, I think?

Nope...sophs.

http://newsok.com/article/5441480

16. manateepower

manateepower Member

If you're going to be annoyingly literal, you're not doing that either.

17. SoonerorLater

SoonerorLater Well-Known Member

That's the type of response that is indicated when somebody takes a drive-by swipe for no good reason.

Yes, I took his post(s) into account. I disagreed.

18. Sooner70

Sooner70 Active Member

Grossly Pessimistic Forecast: Lose to KSU, Baylor, TCU & OSU, to finish regular season 7-5

Moderately Pessimistic: Lose to Baylor, TCU, OSU to finish regular season 8-4

Somewhat Optimistic: Lose to Baylor, TCU to finish regular season 9-3

Optimistic: Lose only to Baylor to finish regular season 10-2

Wildly Optimistic: Run the table the rest of the way & finish 11-1 uhhhhh

All this assumes Kansas, Iowa State and Texas Tech cooperate

19. oupride

oupride New Member

Let's wait and see how the season plays out. This is not the same team as last year.

20. Rock Hard Corn Frog

Rock Hard Corn Frog New Member

I still have plenty on concerns but after yesterday's performance I'm giving myself a big STFU for a while. At least for one week we looked like a NC contender. I know it was KSU but that is as bad as Snyder has been whipped in a long time.