1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

No Bevo Saturday

Discussion in 'Sooner Football' started by herecomedajudge, Oct 7, 2015.

1. Bevo has a "life threatening" illness.

http://m.newsok.com/article/5451967?scrolling_list=article

2. You can't make this stuff up.

3. Sorry missed earlier thread.

4. nighttrain12

nighttrain12 Well-Known Member

No need to be sorry. This is a such a huge story that it deserved two threads.

5. KantoSooner

KantoSooner SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Bevo has AIDS

6. REDREX

REDREX New Member

I think a lot of Texas fans have the same illness

7. Pride1Mom

Pride1Mom Member

You mean Texas hasn't found another cow? OU put Boomer and Sooner to pasture and brought in new ones. Maybe Bevo has so much personality that they couldn't find any that measured up to his dynamic persona.

8. aurorasooner

aurorasooner Well-Known Member

I always thought Bevo looked drugged and docile. Probably a dirty needle from an aTm vet grad, Stevie wouldn't approve any B/D throw-away-syringes or they were getting Bevo's meds from India/China/Mexico as part of their previous AD's cost cutting measures. Makes me wonder if his horns suddenly fell off.

It also may be part of a last-ditch plan to inspire their FB team by bringing in a new Bevo to lead their players into the Cotton Bowl on Saturday. I just hope they don't go all Mconeghey/Hollywood/Running of the Bull as a new tradition and try to pull a Ralphie type entrance. That steer may gore a ref and their fans would be incensed by a 15 yard personal-foul on Bevo to start the game.

Last edited: Oct 8, 2015
  9. dwarthog

dwarthog Well-Known Member

Slow roasting will cure that, correct?

10. PrideAlum

PrideAlum Member

Bevo is just too embarrassed and depressed to be seen in public with Charlie’s team! He tweeted that out to his closest friends.

11. KantoSooner

KantoSooner SoonerFans.com Elite Member

We'll need empirical evidence.
    Fire up the grill!

12. dwarthog

Count me in!

13. SoonerStormchaser

SoonerStormchaser Emma's Daddy!

Best Bevo TV scene EVER...2002 RRS...we just came back to take the lead on Prissy Simms & Co...TV time-out...camera cuts to Bevo...he raises his tail and proceeds to take a huge **** on national TV, while the burnt orange Whorn caretakers are rushing to get a shovel under his *** to catch all the ****! I think I almost died laughing.

14. AzianSooner

AzianSooner Well-Known Member

Switzer's Bistro has pre-order of RRR steak dishes.

15. vtsooner21

vtsooner21 New Member

Some say that the Texas Administration has been in the process of seeking the "best-ever representative" steer to take Bevo's place. Through exhaustive research, they have, indeed, narrowed the "field" down to three of the most likely candidates for this position. It has been a long arduous process for these Regents, but the finalist will get Texas on the right track once again...Hey; it worked for the Charlie Strong selection, right?

16. dwarthog

Word is that Red McCombs has a "favorite" steer he's backing...

17. Quick substitution? Hire Mangino and buy an antler hat? On second thought I don't want Mangino near that offense. I like it just the way it is.

18. FaninAma

FaninAma SoonerFans.com Elite Member

It's probably Mad Cow Disease so I wouldn't do that.