1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Well this was a nice TEST!!

Discussion in 'Sooner Football' started by BlownGP, Sep 19, 2015.

1. BlownGP

BlownGP Member

I was worried about this game. I was going to make a post about it earlier in the week but I forgot. lol

Didn't know much about Tulsa this year, so after reading about there last two wins and the head coach was the OC at Baylor.
    I started to wonder if this was going to be tough game for the secondary.

Looks like Sanchez was playing hurt, but there's a lot of work to be done, but it was a good previews of what we will see at Baylor. Good thing their defense aint so great either.

2. BlownGP

BlownGP Member

Oh and WHY F are the db's still 8-10 yards off the ball? That's like here's your first down tulsa.

3. SoonerForLife92

SoonerForLife92 New Member

Yeah I agree. We gave up a lot in the passing game but this is definitely a game we needed going into conference play. Definitely need to figure some stuff out. I'm happy with how our schedule has set up and our wins so far. Obviously wvu and texas will tell us a lot more.

I also don't understand playing so far off the ball. It's got to be a coaching decision but I wonder how much is mike and how much is cooks. It's sometimes necessary to play off the ball in some situations/coverages, you don't want to just get blown away for an even bigger pass, but it seems like having your best corner do it a lot of the game seems strange. Was Sanchez really hurt?

4. rock on sooner

rock on sooner SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Welp, Capt. Obvious sez "We be playin' off tha ball soz we dont git beat deep"!
    But, I flashed backed to Josh and "dink and dunk" with slants and yac in 2000.
    Just for the record, Tulsa has two, maybe three, wr that will get serious looks at
    the next level. Make no mistake, Tulsa will make some noise down the road..
    just my opinion, doncha know....

5. swardboy

swardboy SoonerFans.com Elite Member

So much cushion space,
    So little press "D",
    It is on the "O" to shine,
    Mayfield shreds their mind.

6. SoonerForLife92

Are you referring to me? Where I said it's sometimes necessary and also said it's strange to do it most the game in the same sentence?

7. cvsooner

cvsooner Well-Known Member

Showed him on the sideline at one point and I swear he was limping.

8. FaninAma

FaninAma SoonerFans.com Elite Member

So are the coaches so afraid of the deep sideline routes that they instruct the DBs to give the cushion and the easy slant route?

9. Therealsouthsider

Therealsouthsider New Member

....if it was a test I'm giving the offense a B+ and the defense a C-

ss

10. BoulderSooner79

BoulderSooner79 SoonerFans.com Elite Member

We were wise enough to take this course pass/fail. Final grade: PASS

11. Soonerjeepman

Soonerjeepman SoonerFans.com Elite Member

yup and his leg was wrapped

12. Soonerjeepman

lol..nice one

13. Soonerjeepman

as the announcers said...it'll be the norm to give up 400 yards from here on out. Offenses are just too good. Bottom line is you win or you don't.

14. BlownGP

BlownGP Member

Yeah, I saw him limping in the first half. They were just showing his upper body and I could tell he was walking funny. It seemed to get worse as the game went on. Then in the second half when he was on the sideline. His knee was wrapped and he was limping real bad.

Yeah, I will take.. A W is a W

15. Curly Bill

Curly Bill I'm a shootist

I use to blame BV for this foolishness; since it persists I can only assume Bob is to blame.

16. rock on sooner

rock on sooner SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Naw, not referrin' to anybody, jus' tryin' ta be funny...rilly
    wanted to point out that Tulsa has good wideouts...

17. OUinFLA

OUinFLA Older Clique Member

If Im not mistaken????
    We had a tight end catch a touchdown?

I can't remember when that happened last.

18. RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone! SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Andrews had 2 TD passes.

19. SoonerForLife92

Gotcha. Yea they sure do. I'm happy they do and played hard to show our team a little taste of what they'll face almost every week.

About Sanchez that sucks that he's hurt, his playing style changes big time when he is. Hope it's not bad and hope this bye helps.

20. jaux

jaux Apollo Beach Sooner

I think it was 2002 on the fake field goal vs Missouri.