1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So did everyone forget the season started or are we still sulking over Clemson?

Discussion in 'Sooner Football' started by tnraider1, Sep 7, 2015.

1. tnraider1

tnraider1 Well-Known Member

Where is everybody?

2. Mac94

Mac94 New Member

Ya'lls favorite Texas Aggie is back. The Akron game was good ... really want to see this team in Tennessee next weekend to really get excited. I really want to see OU challenge baylor and tcu and regain conference supremacy ... but the past few years I think have fans watching an waiting.

3. BoulderSooner79

BoulderSooner79 SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Clemson? They haven't even got over the re-punt yet.

4. tnraider1

That's what gets me. Seems like a trip to Knoxville to play an up and coming SEC team, with a new QB who has tons of Moxie, would have the fan base a little more pumped up. We appear to be building an offense that will help us take down Baylor and TCU, so we'll see. Last year was a major disappointment, but no reason to jump ship.

5. tnraider1

Last year was full of face palm moments for sure, but it's a new season.

6. yermom

yermom Stayatworkdad

We played Clemson?

7. Curly Bill

Curly Bill I'm a shootist

After more disappointing years than rewarding ones over the past half decade I'd say the fans are being cautious. Waiting to see if the wheels will once again fall off if you will. Stoops is still the coach so I'm more certain than not something will go wrong.

8. BetterSoonerThanLater

BetterSoonerThanLater SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Hard when you only get to watch highlights. Next week will be different.

9. Curly Bill

Curly Bill I'm a shootist

Truth here too. Add it to what I wrote above and you have your answer! :cheerful:

10. OUmillenium

OUmillenium New Member

Mayfield and the offense looked pretty snappy in the 2nd and especially the 3rd quarters.

My biggest concern is the defense and we will find out next week.

11. freshchris05

freshchris05 New Member

Most are either on thefootballbrainiacs or crossed completely over to landthieves. I don't really come here much anymore, but it is football season. Hope everyone is well. Boomer Sooner yall. Where's badj?

12. RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone! SoonerFans.com Elite Member

I don't see people jumping ship, but it's not hard to be very tentative with our enthusiasm. One win over a mid level school is not something that sparks much confidence, especially since the 2 aforementioned disastrous games were the 2 that preceded the win last week.

13. swardboy

swardboy SoonerFans.com Elite Member

FIRE VENABLES!

14. BetterSoonerThanLater

BetterSoonerThanLater SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Does anyone know where I can get a Boomer Sooner ringtone?

:)

15. BlownGP

BlownGP Member

I agree with everything, except that last sentence.

Since I didn't watch the game live, but did watch the bob stoops show and the big 12 huddle tonight. My confidence as grown, but I keep telling my self it was Akron...Even with that, it's still a football team. We didn't look at all like that in any game last year.

So if all goes well with the Vols, I should be good. lol

Still going to be nervous playing Balyor or TCU. I think we are far more equipped to play them this year but anything can happen.

16. RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone! SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Those baylor wideouts need some very painful bunions and planter's warts, and maybe some blurry vision.

17. VegasSooner

VegasSooner New Member

Watching the Baylor game last year was almost too much to take.

18. tnraider1

Maybe I've just been an Oakland Raider fan for so long that I'm just numb to the pain of losing.