1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

pokes & Chippewas

Discussion in 'Sooner Football' started by BetterSoonerThanLater, Sep 3, 2015.

1. BetterSoonerThanLater

BetterSoonerThanLater SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Boring...

3-0 pokes

2. BetterSoonerThanLater

Chippewa throw int first throw of their first possession, on the 20 yd line. Then hold pokes to a fg

3. BetterSoonerThanLater

Poke secondary and pash rush look hideous

4. olevetonahill

olevetonahill Well-Known Member

FIFY

5. Turd_Ferguson

Turd_Ferguson SoonerFans.com Elite Member

I think that announcer really like the word "cog".

6. deweydw

deweydw Well-Known Member

A co worker who is a poke fan kept telling they are gonna suck this year. From what I've seen so far, he may be right.

7. BetterSoonerThanLater

They look like a powerhouse

8. OU Adonis

OU Adonis New Member

Hey lets give their opponent some credit. Their uniforms have Michigan on it.

9. BetterSoonerThanLater

They were the top defense in the MAC last year

10. BetterSoonerThanLater

Horny toads beating the go-fers 10-0

11. Therealsouthsider

Therealsouthsider New Member

....underwhelmed

ss

12. aurorasooner

aurorasooner Well-Known Member

I guess Heupel's debut as Utah State's OC isn't too swift. I just checked the scores and Utah State is losing at halftime to Southern Utah 9 to 5. I know he probably doesn't have much to work with at Utah State, but Southern Utah, sheesh.

Halftime
    Southern Utah
    (0-0)
    6 3 - - 9
    Utah State
    (0-0)
    5 0 - - 5

13. Salt City Sooner

Salt City Sooner New Member

I don't know what else is there, but I do know that Chucky Keeton's still there (although IIRC he did hurt his knee last year).

Oh, & Utah St. pulled it out, 12-9, on a 88 yd. punt return w/ 2 minutes to go.

14. aurorasooner

aurorasooner Well-Known Member

I had hoped that Heupel would "knock it out of the park" as an OC for Utah State for obvious reasons, and that it was Norvell, since he's now a whorn, responsible for that ridiculous Boo Blake type chain-of-command offensive system that we were supposedly using last year of our offensive plays having to go thru several coach's approval before being sent into our QBs, or even Bob being in that loop and not being "all there mentally" possibly caused by some pain killers that he was taking for his hip before he had the hip replacement in the off-season, causing that meer-kat indecision/late-play-calls/early TOs.

I guess Utah State plays Utah next Friday Night (Friday night before our Tennessee game) on ESPN-2, so we'll be able to see Heupel's Utah State offense and if it resembles our meer-kat pitiful offense of the previous couple of years. Since Utah handled Michigan last night, that game should draw some Sooner interest, especially if our offense is hitting on all cylinders out of the gate this Saturday and we hang at least half-a-hundred on X-ray Chuck Amato's Zips' defense. Seems like we had a pretty good fark thread about Amato and his sunglasses several years ago when he was the NC State head coach.

Friday, September 11th

Utah State at Utah 8:00 pm ESPN2

15. TheHumanAlphabet

TheHumanAlphabet SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Greatest Offense in the world...

16. BigTip

BigTip Well-Known Member

Yes, underwhelmed by the pokies is a good description.

Likewise by the horny froggies. Even though the talking heads were trying to say Minnesota is "a better team than most think."

17. BlownGP

BlownGP Member

Dramatic Chipmunk... hahahahaahaha
    [​IMG]

18. Tear Down This Wall

Tear Down This Wall Well-Known Member

TCU is mediocre at best; way overhyped, for sure. Again, if TCU is supposedly the best the Big 12 is offering these days....

19. olevetonahill

olevetonahill Well-Known Member

TDTW, If OU goes all the way and wins the Big one this year will you say something nice about em then?:cheerful:

20. Tear Down This Wall

Tear Down This Wall Well-Known Member

That's been my point all along: as crappy as this conference is, there is no reason - other than ineptitude among the coaches - for Oklahoma not to be in the race to win it every year.

Same can be said for Texas. As much money as they have and we have for coaching staffs and facilities, and that garbage down at TCU and Baylor leads to conference. It's embarrassing.

TCU is hyped all off-season, 17 point favorite, almost craps themselves on national television to a the garbage Minnesota program. Horrible.