1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Jerry Montgomery Leaving for the NFL

Discussion in 'Sooner Football' started by Soonerwake, Feb 10, 2015.

1. Soonerwake

Soonerwake New Member

Breaking news!!

2. SoonerMarkVA

SoonerMarkVA New Member

3. ouduckhunter

ouduckhunter New Member

Shiatttt! Just when I was starting to feel slightly optimistic about things.

4. Boomer.....

Boomer..... .....Sooner!

5. ouduckhunter

ouduckhunter New Member

Now that I have picked myself up off the floor I would like to add that now is the time for a really, really, really high profile hire. Hire somebody with a name, and success record that is recognized around the world, and do it real quick like!

6. EatLeadCommie

EatLeadCommie New Member

Wow. Did not see that coming, and I wonder if that factored into the decision to keep Kish. We absolutely must make a splash replacement hire.

7. badger

badger Vacuums eat while yelling

8. rock on sooner

rock on sooner SoonerFans.com Elite Member

While I hate to see him go, it speaks volumes about the quality of people Stoops
    hires. It appears they all did it the right way, after NSD...the kids certainly won't
    begrudge a coach going to the next level, like they might if the coach went to
    another college....

9. 8timechamps

8timechamps Administrator

Sucks for us, but good for him!

Now Stoops must go find a D line coach that can relate to the players and deliver in recruiting. Not an easy task.

At least he (Monty) did it in a timely manner, so that Stoops has plenty of time to move. I'd be surprised if Stoops didn't know about this prior to NSD.

10. KantoSooner

KantoSooner SoonerFans.com Elite Member

This is both terrible and also validating: the guy is/was elite level. For all the morons who wanted him gone, and you know who you are, apparently you believe yourselves to be better football minds than people who are paid, literally, millions a year to get it done. And, to unpack that for you: that means you were utterly wrong about him.

11. REDREX

REDREX New Member

Awful news----Lets outbid the Packers

12. SoonerBBall

SoonerBBall Well-Known Member

I'm sad for our recruits. We crucify other schools for this same stuff, so my opinion is that any player he recruited should be let out of their NLOI and allowed to sign elsewhere.

13. BoulderSooner79

BoulderSooner79 SoonerFans.com Elite Member

I think that would be all of them.

birddog likes this.
  14. Eielson

Eielson SoonerFans.com Elite Member

I think that OU is feeling like the recruits are. I think we knew it was a possibility, and that's probably why we upgraded him to co-DC, but it doesn't seem like we knew this would happen.

15. BoulderSooner79

Stoops should have camped in Monty's yard singing "Stay with Me" all day. It swept the Grammy's, so it might have worked.

16. Eielson

Yeah, but then Tom Petty would be pissed.

17. Scott D

Scott D SoonerFans.com Elite Member

more reason to despise the Packers :)

18. rock on sooner

rock on sooner SoonerFans.com Elite Member

See post #8....bet he's spot on....

19. BoulderSooner79

Nah, he would get his cut.

The Grammys are the only entertainment awards I watch because it's like a real variety show. Tony Bennett singing with Lady Gaga - how cool is that? But by the end of this one, I was soooo sick of "Stay with Me". Fortunately, I DVR'd it and used Mr. Fastforward button.

20. Eielson

Rumor has it that Bob actually fired Monty, because he wasn't able to get enough good linemen to run a 4-3.

My source will be here soon to confirm.