1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

smurfs vs post stoops wildcats

Discussion in 'Sooner Football' started by Soonerjeepman, Dec 31, 2014.

1. Soonerjeepman

Soonerjeepman SoonerFans.com Elite Member

great...
    I've heard 3 times..."the greatest bowl game upset ever"....

hmmm, smurfs #5 OU #11...they beat OU by 1 point with 2 trick plays...doesn't seem like "the greatest bowl upset ever" to me.

2. Soonerjeepman

smurfs up 7....maybe THIS can be the greatest upset ever, ranked 10 points lower.

3. Soonerjeepman

yes, got me a guberment job...so I'm not working this week. So I get to watch these bowls~

Last edited: Dec 31, 2014
  4. Soonerjeepman

2 possessions for smurfs, 2 TD's...up 14-0

5. cvsooner

cvsooner Well-Known Member

I think, maybe if I live to 108, they'll finally stop referring to the Bozo State Fiesta Bowl win over us. Until then...no. I was there. It wasn't that great of a game. It was an entertaining fourth quarter, and a little bit of the third quarter. But it was not an awesome display of football excellence between an unbeaten squad from the Mountain West and a twice-beaten (once, actually) Big 12 champion that may have been the most overachieving group Stoops has ever had.

6. SoonerBorn

SoonerBorn Member

Boise State just scored on a Statue of Liberty play... Guess I need to reschedule with my therapist.

7. Texas Golfer

Texas Golfer SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Actually, it was 3 trick plays and BSU came into the game higher ranked than OU.

8. Soonerjeepman

didn't know the 3...but yes, I have the rankings..#5 and #11...

9. Soonerjeepman

really? wow...watching OU bball...

10. aurorasooner

aurorasooner Well-Known Member

Welp, glad you mentioned that. I had no idea OU BB was on TV. It's on Root Sports here which is sort of a Fox clone. Sooners kicking azz in the 1st half.
    Buddy is on fire.
    Sure hope of BB team doesn't lay an egg in conference play like our FB team did, but conference play is going to be tough this year.

Arizona trying to make it a one score game before the 1st half ends with a pick. Had to settle for 3 though.

11. Soonerjeepman

yeah, Buddy needs to really start by driving to the hole...that's open up his 3. Cousins has actually started playing really smart the last few games. Definitely need Lattin and DJ to be able to come in and help the post. IF they do, we'll have a good bench with them, Booker, Walker.

They said that Buford is eligible to practice...said he is tearing it up...wish he could play this year.

Big 12 is a beast. 12-6 for 2nd will prob be the numbers...tough.

12. Soonerjeepman

nice smurfs up 28 - 17...or am I behind? looks like smurfs kicking FG...31-17?

13. soonersweetie

soonersweetie Well-Known Member

I hate Boise St. I really do. :mad:

14. aurorasooner

aurorasooner Well-Known Member

Boise makes Arizona kick field goals, and Arizona isn't going to win this one w/o some help from Boise (TOs). Although they just dropped the Arizona KO, and only returned to about the 5.

I don't know how the smurfs can recruit WRs who can catch a pass that's behind them or one they have to go up and snag, basically one that's not thrown perfectly, and our receivers, except for Shep, usually "brick hands them", if one is even thrown where they can touch it. Depressing.

15. REDREX

REDREX New Member

I hate Boise State but I want them to win----I want AZ to be as miserable this bowl season as I am-----Ole Miss did their part as did Miss State---a lot of pain out there tonight

16. Texas Golfer

Texas Golfer SoonerFans.com Elite Member

BSU got 397 yards and 31 points in the first half. They got 74 yards and was held scoreless in the second half. What an adjustment by the Arizona defense in that second half!

17. Turd_Ferguson

Turd_Ferguson SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Dick head smurfs won.

18. BoulderSooner79

BoulderSooner79 SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Should give hope to OU fans. BSU looked pretty bad last year and the first month of this year. Their QB looked average at best with no headroom to get better. Had they played Zona early in the year, they would have gotten smoked. Teams can and do get better and individual players do as well. It all comes down to coaching. And BSU did change coaching staffs in all of this too.

19. Soonerjeepman

Sorry BS, I don't see that happening...we shall see.
    I had asked about a timeline of coaching changes in another thread...someone, maybe you responded that Stoops waits til AFTER signing day. If he really does that is below chickenshi$ to do. Wait til the kid signs, then change his coach. I hope that isn't the case.