1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Stoops to Florida!

Discussion in 'Sooner Football' started by TrueBornSooner, Nov 16, 2014.

1. TrueBornSooner

TrueBornSooner New Member

2. Snrinhouston

Snrinhouston Active Member

We can only hope.

3. birddog

birddog SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Mack to Oklahoma!

4. rock on sooner

rock on sooner SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Warsh yer mouth out, Boy!

birddog likes this.
  5. BoulderSooner79

BoulderSooner79 SoonerFans.com Elite Member

I thought Stoops already went to Florida during the bye week before the TCU game? :surprise:

6. birddog

birddog SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Ok, but only if Mack gives his baked bean teeth a scrub down.

7. BigTip

BigTip Well-Known Member

"Stoops to Florida"

which one?

8. olevetonahill

olevetonahill Well-Known Member

Bob aint going to Fla.he aint gonna want to go against Mark in recruiting or Games.

9. bluedogok

bluedogok SoonerFans.com Elite Member

I did see him (and Gundy) listed as possible candidates along with a bunch of others by various sports writers.

10. pappy

pappy Well-Known Member

I'd be going after Mark Stoops before I'd go after Bob if I was Florida. I'd be interested to see what Mark can do with a team full of top athletes like Florida can bring in. Already know Bob isn't going to get it done, he has top athletes every year, just like Florida does.

11. olevetonahill

olevetonahill Well-Known Member

Get What done?

12. Piware

Piware Well-Known Member

Yawn! Last week it was Stoops to Michigan. Everytime there is a vacancy he is on the short list. Schools would be silly not to have the winningest coach in the country on their short list. Too bad for them he has a contract.

13. Piware

Piware Well-Known Member

What do you mean "we" dude? You got a mouse in your pocket?

14. David Earl

David Earl Administrator

Heh.

15. Sooner in Tampa

Sooner in Tampa SoonerFans.com Elite Member

BANE HIM!!!!!

birddog likes this.
  16. FaninAma

FaninAma SoonerFans.com Elite Member

I think the odds of Stoops going to Michigan are a lot higher if that job opens up. I think the Biog 10 style of play suits his style of coaching better than the flag football league the Big 12 has turned into.

Last edited: Nov 17, 2014
  17. Sooner91ATL

Sooner91ATL New Member

He won't go to Florida cuz "accepting full responsibility" for sucka$$ play that continues is apparently not acceptable there. Michigan however has a long recent history of unacceptable losses being accepted, so he might fit in well there.

In all seriousness, if he went to Florida, with the talent they can pull, he would be a perennial 10-win season in the SEC. Just like his old ballcoach. Like Billy Sims told John Blake, it ain't the X's and O's, it's the Jimmys and Joes.

18. landrun

landrun Well-Known Member

They don't want him. They're calling him a has-been who is good for 2 to 3 losses a year.

They're right.:cool:

19. Sooner in Tampa

Sooner in Tampa SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Gaytor fans have a very over inflated view of themselves!! They truly believe they are a top 5 job and that they should be in the running for a NC every year.

20. aurorasooner

aurorasooner Well-Known Member

If UF (or Michigan) did hire HCBS it would be interesting to see which of his coordinators he would take with him (or be allowed to take). In the least, it would answer a lot of the Sooner fan's questions.
    I think HCBS is about like we are in conference realignment. He's tied to his coordinators at the hip like we seem to be tied with Stool State.
    Based on the Chinese fire drill we've put on the field this year, I don't think UF would allow him to bring these current coordinators with him, and outside of Cale (or Heupel as QB coach only), I don't see them agreeing to bring anyone else from the current staff, especially with their fans being so disenchanted with their offensive production. Perhaps if Boom is just tired of all the HC bull and would want to stay on staff as the DC only and HCBS goes out and and gets a TCU type imaginative OC and keeps him (them) on a short '' " production leash (and contracts), then I could see it (just throwing this out there).
    After this season's offensive and defensive fiascoes, if there's not any staff changes indicative of a true CEO, I'll be pizzed at Joe C and Boren if anyone on this staff gets a blanket raise this year or if they give in and give the current head coach a big raise (or any raise for that matter) just to keep him.
    I'm of the opinion that Wisky does it the right way when a head football coach gets on his high horse. Just let him go w/o breaking the bank and go out and get a young, energetic, successful smaller school head coach and give him good money. Be vigilant and if he pans out and make strides after a couple of years give him a quality raise with a hefty buy out. If he doesn't, then start over with same process.
    The OC and DC promotions to HC sometime work out (a young HCBS) and sometimes they don't (Boom).
    I think Joe C and Boren were kind of snake bit with Capel's failure and had to break the bank getting Kruger to stabilize the BB situation. I don't really know if they've got in them at their age (as well as not having a relatively stable conference or any conference TV network) to pursue another football HC search, though.