1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

OU @ KU: Act II

Discussion in 'Sooner Basketball' started by 8timechamps, Feb 24, 2014.

1. Soonerjeepman

Soonerjeepman SoonerFans.com Elite Member

crap, now we foul...going to be a DD win..not even close to the actual game...ugh~

2. Soonerjeepman

believe me...living up here...they are horrible. They don't give a crap about any other sport at ku but basketball and then they are the most obnoxious a-holes ever...

3. Temujin

Temujin New Member

No I understand, I really do. I'm torn. On the one hand, I'm 11 years old when OU loses to KU in the 1988 final, and as I'm walking downtown in Wichita with my dad, KU fans are pointing at me (I'm wearing an OU hat) and saying, "Rock Chalk, Jayhawk, F*** OU".

On the other hand, my grandparents on my dad's side are huge KU fans.

So, I compromised and decided to just hate Wichita.

4. Eielson

Eielson SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Yay! We held them to a single digit win!

I'd have taken that heading into the game, but it sure doesn't feel good right now.

5. kevpks

kevpks New Member

I'd love another shot at this NBA minor league team in the conference tournament.

Eielson likes this.
  6. Eielson

I hope we get matched up with them in the tournament at some point. I think we can take them down. We'd have beat them on a neutral court tonight.

7. birddog

birddog SoonerFans.com Elite Member

We've got a good, solid team. The kind of team that can win a game or two in the dance because our guards put a lot of pressure on defenses and we have a coach that will be better than most.

8. Temujin

Temujin New Member

I'm in KC, too Jeep. I don't find the fans here NEARLY as obnoxious as they were in Wichita. KSU fans are worse, especially in Wichita. It's brutal all around in this retarded-a** state, but I promise that it's worse in Wichita, Lawrence, and Manhattan (and Salina for that matter) than it is here in KC.

9. picasso

picasso SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Ha! I hear ya. My cousin played golf there. As Jeeper said though, their fans are the basketball version of UT football fans.

10. Temujin

Temujin New Member

Yeah, a lot of them are. A lot of my family are big KU fans, but I don't disagree that most of them are arrogant and delusional. Just listen to that stupid crowd tonight. One play sums it up - their #25 grabs Spangler and drags him to the ground and the officials call a foul on him...and the fans boo as Spangler is shooting the FTs. Why they thought that was a bad call was a mystery to me, but they were doing that crap all night. Or when Embiid shoves Clark back 15-feet and the crowd starts a classy little B.S. chant.

In fact, what the hell is with all the booing at KU, KSU, and ISU games? I realize those places don't have s**t to do, but damn, get a life people.

11. kevpks

kevpks New Member

KU looks pretty sloppy. Admittedly, I haven't watched a lot of their games but that does not look like a Final Four team to me.

12. Soonerjeepman

lol...agree, I grew up in Wichita...196 fellow hs grads...130 went to ku...ugh. I was 25 or so in 1988, and I had a guy throw the newspaper up in his car window as he drove by..(I had an OU hat sitting in the back window - cool back then). Course this was way before ksu was anything in football...lived through that **** as well...

13. Soonerjeepman

basketball is a ku fan's life...lol. I guess if OU had more bball fans we'd hear them boo. I will say, I don't get the OU fans that only care about football....sounds stupid, but I follow all the sports. I think it's great the gym teams, softball, baseball, hell even tennis is ranked. And I didn't even go to OU.

14. Temujin

Temujin New Member

Ugh. The only fans I've ever known to brag when they LOSE (1992, 2000).

Hilarious story - OU beats KSU 41-31 in Manhattan. But that game wasn't even remotely close. We were up 38-14 before Stoops pulled the starters. KSU made a late 4th quarter run while Stoops was trying to run out time on the clock. Regardless, all I heard from KSU fans is how they were so close to coming back, and that they were going to beat us in the Big XIII championship. My uncle and I go to his friend's house to watch the game, and they've got 2 milk crates set out with Kleenex boxes on them and a sign that said, "OU Cheering Section". When it became more and more apparent that OU was going to win, my uncle and I took the Kleenexes and wiped up our tears of joy as dramatically as possible. Then we pulled out our oranges and peeled them. :)

I don't mind a little friendly ribbing by opponent's fans, but KU and KSU fans will curse you out just for being near an OU logo. I don't know why they hate OU so much, but I don't hold them in high regard either.

15. Temujin

Temujin New Member

I like all OU sports, but I can't say I follow them. I walked onto OU FB, but only spent 2 weeks there (I'm too lazy, lol). I mainly follow football and basketball, just because those have always been the most interesting to me. I still play some recreational BB, so I get almost as pumped for OU BB as I do FB. I like playing and watching tennis, but since OU tennis isn't on TV often, I don't really follow it.

16. Eielson

Whatever we decide they'll do, they'll probably do the opposite. Kansas just loves to **** people off come tournament time.

17. hawaii 5-0

hawaii 5-0 Well-Known Member

Tuff loss but a valiant effort.

The Sooners kept fighting back time and again.

Sure I'd like a win but I was happy the game was respectable. No blow out.

5-0

18. Salt City Sooner

Salt City Sooner New Member

I hate siding w/ your KSU buddies, but they're right re: 2000 OU-KSU. When OU got cute & called that halfback option pass by Works that got picked off, KSU had the ball with a chance to tie it up (score was 38-31) midway through the 4th. Fortunately, the OU D buckled down & got the stop, & drove down to get that last FG w/ 3 1/2 to go.

19. Boomer.....

Boomer..... .....Sooner!

Free throws really hurt us. They went to the line 10 more times and made 11 more free throws than us.

Great effort and resiliency by the team though.

20. badger

badger Vacuums eat while yelling

I couldn't suffer through two Sooner losses against the once and future Big 12 champs on the same night, so I went to bed when it was tied (Jordan had just missed a shot that would have put OU up) so that I could dream about the potential for a Phog victory.

Sadly, OU loses at Baylor on the women's side (we actually made it close near the end) and at Kansas on the men's side. But, at least we fought in both games. At least we looked legit and didn't get blown out of either building. It nice to make the champs squirm a bit in their own house.